Drarry and the Yule Ball Fantasy

It was fourth year at Hogwarts and Drarry was actually a thing. They'd been dating since end of third year and it was going well and strong except for the fact it was a secret love affair.

Draco had his father almost at his throat and Snape wasn't better at this either. Coming out as gay alone, not confirming the relationship was a suicidal decision on it's own. Draco knew it was a risk too much to take.

Harry on the other hand was the Golden Boy, The Boy Who Lived. He was more famous than he liked himself to be. Hence he liked to take decisions which won't land him on the first page of The Daily Prophet.

They were going steady but had to keep up the act on the other hand. Like, how much they hate each other, how Harry was deeply in love with Cho, how Malfoy flirted with Pansy, all these nonsense.

Draco even laughed when Harry took his act to another level and spilled the drink on himself when Cho smiled. In Harry's defense, he was having a hard time to put a straight face on and he couldn't control himself more. So that happened.

They sneaked out everyday to meet at the Astronaut Tower everyday and have mind boggling stories how they dodged Filch or Mrs. Norris or Peeves. Even the teachers on night patrol were dangerous which would cost tons of house points and risk their secret but that's a challenge they would willingly take part in.

Sometimes Harry felt it would have been nice to have Tom Riddle's diary. That way they could communicate with each other anytime. He even tried a couple of times only to blow up everything like Seamus. His best friends were suspicious of him too and yet he tried to brush it off as casually as possible. Hermione could have possibly helped him but she would ask so many questions, he'd eventually end up spilling the truth. So that wasn't an option.

Days were coming and going with Harry nervous about the Tri wizard Tournament and then the Yule Ball. According to the act, he would have to ask Cho for the ball and all he wanted was to dance with Draco in matching robes.

Draco was nervous because the tasks were deadly and was constantly annoyed by how Cedric Diggory was the apple of everyone's eye. Harry was better. And if he was capable enough to participate being so young, everyone should be supporting his bae. Not that Hufflepuff boy. He tried not to show this to Harry and give him strength as much as possible.

Somedays Harry would be too tired to meet and honestly, Draco was quite understanding underneath that spoilt brat image he wears. So, to make Harry cheerful, he threw creative insults at him in front of everybody or some inside joke they had so that the brunette could laugh about it later.

This was going great so far until Yule Ball happened and Cho chose Cedric over Harry. Harry didn't take it sportingly and compared himself to Cedric over and over again. Draco felt his heart break at how miserable his boyfriend felt. But he could do nothing except for planning a surprise.

Night of Yule Ball came and Draco purposely didn't see Harry. Harry was miserable and angry when he saw Draco entering the hall all handsome with Pansy Parkinson and not even giving him a look. He made a point to question the blonde about it.

Mcgonagall said he has to have a date and set him up with Parvati Patel. After the initial formalities were done, Harry went at the back sulking with Ron and drinking  butter beer.

It was after Hermione and Ron had the fight that he went up the Astronomy Tower to have some alone time. That was when the magic happened.

As soon as he reached the top, he was swept upon his feet by his handsome boyfriend. Then came a warm kiss which made Harry's stomach feel like jelly. The kissing stopped only to grasp for air.

"You've looked so magnificent today, I was waiting when I could do this to you."

"But you didn't spare me one glance. You didn't meet me whole day. I'm so annoyed at you."

"Your flushed face tells me otherwise Potter. Save yourself some energy because it's going to be a long night. Follow me."

Draco held Harry by his arm and took him to a room which was breathtakingly  decorated. It seemed like a ball room with two matching dance robes waiting for them.

Harry was far too surprised to speak. He even pinched himself to see if it's an illusion. But it was all very real. Maybe more real than anything.

"You will be gaping at the hall or would you change clothes to have a dance of our own?!"

Harry still looked awed.

"C'mon Potter. I know this is too good and for your information I was planning all these in the morning. So I couldn't see you. Now, would you mind coming back to reality and......"

Malfoy couldn't finish before he was attacked by a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you Malfoy. You just won me for a life time. I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

They changed into the matching robes and Malfoy did his hair like he had done his own. When they were all ready, Malfoy came like a perfect gentleman, put out his hand and said, "Can I have this dance?"

Harry said yes almost crying and then out of no where music started to play. They were the exact tunes played at Yule Ball. Though Harry was terrible at dancing, but with Malfoy, he didn't even need to try.

"Maybe sometime in future, I could dance with you in front of everyone, boasting of the handsome face you have and profess my love in front of everyone. That day even my father won't be able to do anything."

"Shhhh.... Just enjoy the dance for now. It's the Yule Ball I dreamt of and now i'm living it. Doesn't matter if people know about us or not. I just know I have you and then everything will fall into places."

Harry slowly captured Draco's lips and they kissed and dance for the rest of the night.