This is Suzie's last lesson for the day, which means she's probably going to take off soon. Either that, or she's going to try talking to me about the upcoming competition. Or her recital. It doesn't matter. I don't want to talk about either. I hope she leaves. Not that I don't love Suzie. I really do. I'm just embarrassed to talk about my music right now. Especially since I still haven't found a solo violin piece for her recital. She's been texting me almost every day about it, even during her week off, and it's not easy telling her I've got nothing. She's not angry with me though. No, that's not Suzie. She's even offered to help me. But she can't help me with this. This is something I have to figure out on my own.

I've been trying to figure it out, too. Every day, for hours at a time, I listen to the classical music channel on my radio or my phone. I've gone through all of Suzie's composition books. I've even considered going to the city library for music research, which is something I've never done before. At least never for music ideas. But I'm getting desperate. Man, what is wrong with me? Why am I suddenly having a mental block? I can't think of any other time when I've struggled this much to come up with a piece for a performance. Suzie may not be getting frustrated with me, but I'm definitely getting frustrated with myself. And what's worse is that, for the first time in my life, I'm beginning to abhor the sound of the violin. Which is probably the most upsetting part of my current predicament.