37 - New Routines

Start from the beginning

"Awe, guys," you finally coo when you feel your lips faltering and tugging up into a smile. "I feel so special knowing that you all want to take extra precautions."

"Because you are special, my beautiful angel," Taehyung reminds you happily.

"So you're not mad?" Seokjin asks timidly.

"While I'm not pleased that you guys unintentionally went behind my back to make these first decisions, mad isn't the right word to describe how I'm feeling." You shake your head. "I definitely won't hold a grudge if that's what you're worried about. Just let me know before you do something like this next time. I understand why you guys did it - if I were in your shoes, I would want the best secretary HK Holdings can hire for any of you."

"My heart is about to burst with relief," Hoseok sighs dramatically, falling back into his chair as he clutches at his chest.

"You weren't even directly part of this process," Yoongi snorts. "Why were you so worried?"

"Because I was the one that warned you guys not to do it but you went ahead and did it anyway," the red panda hybrid shoots back.

"And while we were looking at the files, you ran to the cubs to keep them distracted so they wouldn't get involved," Namjoon muses as he recalls the recent memory.

"Is that why I couldn't get my daily morning cuddles from Seokjinie this morning?" Taehyung pouts.

"Were my cuddles not good enough for you?" Hoseok gasps offendedly.

"You guys are too cute," you chuckle while shaking your head a little bit.

"You still owe me cuddles, darling," Jimin reminds you in a hushed tone as he pokes your arm with his tail.

"Of course, little foxy," you wink back, the fox hybrid's cheeks instantly flushing a soft shade of red. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Did I miss something?" Jungkook questions as he narrows his eyes at you and Jimin.

"Don't worry about it, Kookie," you shake your head.

"Petal, why don't you help Taehyung and Jimin clear the table?" Seokjin asks, derailing the cub from his forthcoming interrogation.

"Why me?" he whines almost half-heartedly - like he knows he's bound to carry out of the task of cleaning up, but perhaps whining about might convince the sugar glider hybrid otherwise. "And don't you dare say it's because I'm the pack's youngest. I am no longer the youngest."

"Well, you may not be the youngest anymore, but I think Y/N is excused from clean-up duties because she was the one who brought us the lunch. You, on the other hand, haven't done anything yet."

"It's not my fault Hobi was too quick at setting up the table," Jungkook grumbles as he begrudgingly rises from his seat to collect the empty takeout containers and dirty utensils.

"Oh hush, how about this," the elder huffs. "While the three of you clear the table, I'll go set everything up for a nice afternoon cuddle. How does that sound?"

"I like the sound of that." Taehyung nods excitedly, poking his head around the corner from where he just disappeared into the kitchen to clean up.

"Perfect, run along now cubs and pup."

"Stop calling me a pup," Jimin whines as he stomps cutely after the tiger hybrid.

"Is there anything I can do to help you set up? What are you even setting up?" you ask curiously, following behind Seokjin in the opposite direction towards the living room.