Summer 1996 // Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"What took you so long anyway?" Ron asked as we approached the small cottage that they had purchased in the countryside. 

"Vernon and Petunia weren't letting me leave," Harry said fixing his tie. "The only reason they let me come was by the threat of having a Werewolf, Auror, and half of the Order appearing on the doorstep to attack them." We all laughed at this just as the door opened and Lupin ran out to greet us.

"Welcome, Welcome all!" he excitedly shook all of our hands and clapped his hands. "Everyone is gathering around the back, we're just waiting on - oh you're here!" Remus ran around us and hugged a fellow Order member, Emmeline Vance. I smiled as she excitedly chattered with him and practically gushed with him.

"You know, I heard from Gran that they apparently used to have a thing," Neville said, "Emmeline and Lupin."

"Really?" I looked back over and well, I could instantly see a younger Lupin and her sitting in the library studying or going out to Hogsmeade. "I can see it." 

"I could too," Neville said as we followed behind everyone else and gather on their back lawn for the ceremony. We quickly found some seats and waited for it all to begin. The decor was absolutely darling, a beautiful white archway was placed at the front decorated with vines and black flowers, at the top of the arch was a pawprint merged with a crescent moon. 

"Why would they have that there?" Seamus questioned.

"Their nicknames are Moony and Padfoot, Seamus. It's their couple logo practically." I said. Seamus smiled and looked over at Dean who was sitting with Ginny. He was putting on a smile but underneath I could tell he was hurting seeing Dean with another person. I sighed as I took his hand. "Eventually he'll see how much he loves you and not Ginny."

"What if I lost him all because I had just a small crush on that girl ..."

"You haven't lost him, Seamus. Just let him realize his feelings on his own, 'kay?" Seamus just nodded his head as the wedding music began. Of course, it wasn't the regular wedding music you would hear at a typical wedding. The entrance song of the grooms was "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" By Queen. Sirius came dancing in and practically screaming along with the lyrics of the song. Remus walked in gracefully and wasn't even really dancing until Sirius ran over to him and started forcing him to dance.

They must've done a few seconds of tango, followed by a quick waltz, a cha-cha, some weird sisters dance move, the hustle, the charleston, the twist, and I swear they did like a macarena as well! By the time they reached Kingsley, who was officiating the ceremony, they had all of us either laughing or dancing along with them. Kingsley cleared his throat and waved his hands for us to sit down. 

"Good afternoon, everyone." Kingsley started. "I'm so glad to be here today to help join Remus John Lupin and Sirius Orion Black III in the bond of marriage. However, it has felt like these two have been married for years based on how they act in Order meetings." Both Remus and Sirius went to slap him but he ducked out of the way and continued on. 

"Now, I assume you both have made your vows?" Both nodded their heads and Kingsley smiled. "Good, now Remus let's have you start." Remus pulled out a piece of parchment and cleared his throat. 

"Sirius, when I first met you, I thought you were the most annoyingly overconfident person I would ever meet. Then I met James, and he took your place." Everyone seemed to laugh at this, and Sirius looked either offended for himself or James (I couldn't tell). "However, you both became my closest friends and helped me see that I may be a werewolf ... but I'm not a monster. I deserve happiness, friendship, but most importantly love."

"Awwww," Neville whined looking up at them. I took his hand and laid my head on his shoulder. 

"I'm not going to lie and say I fell in love with you and started to love you right away. I did date Emmeline and had that small thing with Gwen Marvers but ultimately in my sixth year ... I realized they didn't make me happy, but you did. I realized I was happier when I was either hugging you or sitting with you in the common room than sitting with my girlfriend."