41 | drowned blood

There were two things I feared

One Inadequacy. The feeling that a person got when they didn't have the qualities and abilities necessary to do something or to cope with life in general.

And two never saying goodbye.

But let's be honest. We, people, use that sentence as a standard line without a  meaning behind it when in reality, we people fear something much simpler yet meaningful.

Being wrong or being wronged.

You let someone in and they wronged you and by trusting them you were wrong.

Our pride is everything to us because what else should we live with?

Our ego is yet our biggest enemy.

I should have stopped that girl the minute she stepped into our house, but my pride and ego were telling me that she could nothing to us. That we were more powerful than a little hair strand or hers yet here we were having to face her with one of us gone.

"I need to find her. Better yet I need her head, but I won't do it, I won't hit her, I don't hit women as hideous as they are."

She had done enough damage. I should have known the minute she stepped out of the house something horrifying would be connected to her.

If she were here I would have never admitted it out loud but Royalty was better at reading people.

"What do you wish for us to do?" Leonardo asked tilting his head slightly trying to read my expression.

What they didn't know was, right at this moment I didn't feel anything and that's why there was nothing to read.

I was a book without letters to form words which were difficult to put into sentences.

I was numb, empty.

Feeling empty was the invitation to refill your soul with whatever brings you joy and a sense of purpose.

Where was my safe harbor, away from the gales and the storms? What filled me up?

Nothing.

There was absolutely nothing that filled me up anymore because the only thing was fucking gone. So of course, I was empty.

Since I saw my woman lying on that bed, I had tried desperately to give others the fault and when I finally found Gonzalés I thought I had.

I was wrong because I didn't feel it, I didn't feel anything when I thought I would feel better. I felt the same.

Alone and ashamed because when it mattered the most I couldn't protect.

"I want you to find her. Keep track of her so that she knows someone is following her but doesn't know who. Each one of us will be going after her so that in the end she will go insane. There is no better way than fucking with someone's mind-."