Chapter Twenty- Five: So Beautiful

My heart raced at the anticipation. I felt sick when the sliding glass door opened and revealed the gathered members of midnight shadow pack, my new pack. I squeezed Leandor's had tighter when he cleared his throat to begin talking. And here goes my life.

"Hello, my fellow wolves." Wow could he sound for formal? No wonder his pack thinks he so perfect. He puts on a totally different face before preforming. "As some of you already know, I have found my mate, and your knew Luna." There were gasps of surprise and multiple whistles of joy. At least some of them were happy about seeing me as their Luna. "It is my pleasure to announce our new Luna Mia, and my beloved mate." Leandor looked over at me smiling. I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not but it made me feel something different for him Curse him and his beautiful face. "From this day forward she is apart of our pack along with her sister, Elena. Who is also your new beta female."

Leandor raised our joined hands up. Everyone else raised their faces to the crescent moon and howled rejoicing in having finally a beta female and Luna in their pack. My body twinge when I looked over at Elena. Her light blue eyes glaring daggers at me. I swallowed my pride and looked away.

We would have to talk later.

The rest of the night wasn't as bumpy. I even met a few people, very few, that were kind and welcoming. I realized that Leandor's pack members either were completely nice and kind or the polar opposite.

For example Leandor is a, rude, stuck up, and has an ego the size of the world. Giselle, a little bundle of joy and happiness no other could compare to. See what I mean? This pack is messed up... big time.

Wondering around I began getting tired. The clock on the wall of the pack house kitchen read 1:32 A.M. My head was pounding with all the beatings I was receiving. I stared out into the back yard. Teenagers were playing truth or dare while the older members -- 18 to 25-- were drinking beer around a bon-fire.

I never understood why werewolves wasted their time drinking alcohol when it has no effect on us. Even if it did the hang-over that follows isn't a pleasant thing to have in the morning. Trust me, I would know.

I heard some laughing and turned by head to see Leandor sitting around with Vincent and Nathan. Leah was sat on Nathan's lap with her head in his neck. I couldn't tell from here if she was asleep or not, but by the way I saw it she seemed pretty relaxed. I wished I could have that only if Leandor wouldn't be acting like an asshole. Seriously, that guy could win a Grammy award for being the biggest asshole. Elena was sitting next to Vincent. She was looking down at the ground uncomfortable. I felt sorry. I did this to her, but she could have run out the first chance she had.

I internally growled at my selfishness. I couldn't have sounded for selfish then those words I spoke so lowly of Elena. She was only trying to help me, save me. She was my big sister. I shouldn't have expected anything else of her.

Coming out of my daze I saw a young woman with light brown hair walking towards me. She was shorted than me -- no surprise there-- and looked to be roughly 24 years of age. It wasn't really the lady that caught my attention it was the little bundle of joy in her arms that did. Giselle was fast asleep in the young woman's arms. I smiled openly at the peaceful look on her face.

"You're our new Luna," The women began saying. I nodded my head.

"Yes, I am, and you must be Giselle's mother." I replied. Giselle scrunched up her nose. Must have been something from the dream. The young lady out stretched her hand to me, balancing a while still, with Giselle in her other arm.

I quickly shook it allowing her to hold Giselle again. Before she could though something played before my eyes. It was like a movie. A terrible, terrible movie of death and violence. The most sickening part was that I was a part of it. I as the monster, and a name flashed in front of my eyes before it all ended. Nina.