I wrapped a towel around my body making quick due to get dried off and dressed. Soon I was standing in some calf-high socks with blue boot cut jeans matched with red and blue flannel. I had to rearrange the sleeves so that Lizzie could come and wrap my wrist back up. Once I was dressed I brushed my teeth and hair before calling Lizzie to come help.

"Hey, Lizzie?" I called from the bathroom after opening the door.

"What's up?" she replied appearing in the doorway.

"Can you wrap my arm again?" I asked her a bit nervously. I don't know why but it still felt a bit weird to be asking for help, especially with an injury.

"Of course, I think I put some clean wrapping in my purse?" She said walking back out of the bathroom. It was so weird to me that she was acting like nothing had happened yesterday, this was not the Lizzie I knew. She overthinks everything, dwells on sentences that were spoken last week, so what was going on? Or what if she is like this? And what if she was completely okay when I was taken away?

Lizzie returned not too long after and had me sit on the bathroom vanity as she rewrapped the delicate scar on my wrist and double-checked the scratches from last night. I only need some light gauze and a wrap around the large scar on my wrist as it finishes healing. It's mainly to keep me from picking at it and reminding me of that night. I avoided eye contact with her the whole time. I don't want to talk about my scars, especially the last one Josh gave me. Last but not least, she also added some light antiseptic cream to a few of my scratches before putting a bandaid on top.

"Okay, all done," she declared throwing away the rest of the bandaids wrappers.

"Thanks, Doctor," I joked jumping off the counter.

"Of course, are you almost ready?" She asked as she finished washing her hands.

"I just need my shoes," I told her.

"Great, I'll meet you at the door in five then," she told me before I left the bathroom taking my bag with me.

———

I climbed into the car with my overnight bag on my bag as Lizzie followed behind me with her purse. I had a beanie hat on along with my winter coat while Lizzie was wearing a velvet trench coat-looking thing. We were both wearing sunglasses as she had informed me it might be a bit busy where we're going. Thankfully Aunt Ashley was letting us use her driver, so we didn't have to deal with navigating around the city on foot.

"Ok, first stop the Empire State Building," Lizzie gushed once we started to pull away from the curb.

"Ok," I answered, I still had an unsettling feeling about this day.

"It's actually really cool to look out at everything in New York from the top of the building, you'll love it," she assured me.

"It's like twelve hundred feet tall?" I asked.

"No idea but it's cool, it makes you feel like you're standing on top of the world," Lizzie told me excitedly. At this point, I was sure that Lizzie was way more excited about our tourist day.

We pulled up to a street a few blocks away from the building a good while later. Lizzie told me to leave my bag in the car, so I pulled on my hat and followed her out of the car. So far, so good. No one was yelling at us yet, maybe these disguises do work?