𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑛.

Start from the beginning

"Hey! You've gotta light up the ground!" Levi scolded.

"S-Sorry."

"We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn." Levi then asked Simon.

"Once we're over this mountain, Shiganshina's right there." Simon replied.

They carried on walking until a Titan was spotted by Jean.

"Titan on the left! Everyone halt! Light up the area!"

Everyone raised their lights to a Titan leaning against a rock.

"It's all right. He's fast asleep. This lad must not be one of those new types that moves at night." Hange chuckled a bit. "That's too bad. Let him be."

The Scouts continued to walk forwards as Eren spoke up from behind them. "I can't believe we didn't see it till that close up." He stated.

"Yeah, I'm with you there." Hange agreed. "This moonless night must be protecting us. Light from the moon is reflected sunlight. The new type of Titan... We think they use that minuscule amount of reflected light to move. Using the new moon was the right move. There's no guarantee we won't have a repeat of before. That lad may by one of those "Moonlight Titans" for all we know. Hope we capture one someday!"

"Actually, I don't think it's the moon that's controlling them." Simon spoke up, causing Hange to hum in confusion. "At the abandoned castle, the Beast Titan was also around. I have a suspicion that it's a Titan shifter, and they have the ability to control mindless Titans at night."

"That may be true. We just have to find out." Hange stated.

They soon found a trail and followed it as they continued walking forward until they could see Wall Maria.

Dawn was soon to come as the Scouts got on their horses and moved towards the walls, going past the buildings.

"Be on guard for Titans hiding in the shadows! Our operation begins now!" Erwin shouted, extending his arm out. "All troops, switch to ODM gear!"

As soon as he gave the order, the Scouts lifted themselves from their horses and flew over Wall Maria, landing on top of the wall.

Simon looked over to see the now abandoned Shiganshina District, before heading over towards the outer gate. He glided over to the other side of the wall before landing next to Levi and Hange.

The three observed the area. "This is all too strange... Not a single Titan in sight?" Hange questioned.

Simon hummed in agreement. "Considering this place should be swarmed with Titans, I do find it odd." He added on before narrowing his eyes. "However, it's possible those bastards had cleared the district from Titans beforehand."

"But we have to keep going." Levi informed.

"Yeah, there's no reason to call it off." Hange agreed, before raising a smoke signal and shooting it off.

As the other signals were shot off, Eren went over the wall and bit into his hand, lightning struck down on him as he changed into his Titan form. The wind blew Simon's hair around as he watched Eren's transformation.