8: First day at camp

Winter's pov:

I groaned as I felt Spring jumping on me in bed.

"Wake up, Winter! Breakfast!" She shouted then ran off when she heard Summer go down stairs in our cabin, "oh no, you don't, Summer!"

"Aw, c'mon Spring!" he whined. I sat up and rubbed my eyes,

"can't a season have a good night's rest?" I muttered,

"yes, I agree, but it's Spring time here, Spring will obviously be the most energetic, Summer might as well be," Fall laughed, "on the other hand, I'm exhausted! It feels like I've been sleeping on a rocky road, and I would know -- I've done that before!" I laughed and cracked my back before slowly heading downstairs. 

"so, are we eating breakfast with them or in our newly built cabin?" I asked. Our cabin was made by Chaos and ourselves. He enchanted it to me much, much bigger on the inside, whilst looking not so big on the outside. It has four bedrooms, all according to our own comfortabilities and styles, a living room, kitchen and a few other rooms and bathrooms. I mean, I'm not sharing a bathroom with Summer! It'll be boiling hot inside there, I can barely stand being next to him! 

"I think we'll go outside, I mean, we don't want to make it too obvious that we dislike them, it might give them ideas on who we are," Fall said after a hot minute,

"great," I muttered and threw on my cloak. Spring leading the way, we walked outside to suspicious, curious, respectful and jealous *cough* Annabeth, James *cough, cough* looks. Everyone looked pretty normal except for Drew and most of the older Aphrodite children.

"Um, I mean no disrespect, but why does no one look older? The last time I visited here, a long time ago, everyone looked the same?" Fall asked,

"the gods put on the spell on a camp, anyone in it is immortal, once you get out of the borders, you're mortal again, then if you come back in you're immortal and so on," Drew muttered miserably. Calypso looked at Drew bored then walked up to Frank smiling,

"who're they?" she whispered,

"Seasons. They'll help," Frank sounded bored. Ignoring them, we walked off to the place where we eat lunch (what do you call that place again?) and summoned some normal pancakes, bacon and eggs. Not to attract attention. Fall summoned a slice of vanilla cake, a cup of milk and some bacon as well. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked really beautiful, though hidden to others, I could clearly see through it, as Chaos blessed us so we could.

Summer summoned some sort of tea and bacon with eggs. And some vegetables. Spring just summoned a green smoothie and some cookies.

"So, I guess we should see how strong they are and get a prophecy?" Fall asked, I nodded,

"yeah, let's hope time hasn't made them weak," I muttered, "ok, who's announcing it?"

"I can," Spring said after a long pause between us. I nodded. She stood up, making some demigods look at her,

"Listen up, campers!" She shouted, stopping all the conversations. I saw Annabeth glare at her, then quickly stop when James tapped her and shook his head, "since there is an upcoming war, we will need to hear a prophecy to know who we're up against and we'll want to see the skills you have in order to plan out our attacks!"

"What do you want us to do?" Annabeth rolled her eyes, "Spring," she spat,

"I want your respect and for you to shut up, daughter of Athena," She snapped, she then composed herself and looked at the rest, "I will need you all to go into groups of what weapons you use and whether you are a healer. We will then check you all group by group!" the campers nodded. The Aphrodite campers also nodded, which was new to me. What can they even do?

"I want the demigods who fight with swords and daggers to come to the arena in five minutes!" she announced and jumped off the table, walking to the arena. Soon enough, the area was filled up with at least 50 demigods. Some I knew, but most I didn't.

"So," Fall started awkwardly, next to me, 

"well, how're we doing this?" I asked Spring, she smiled,

"I want you all to separate into four groups. One, to the farthest right, will be daggers only, scatter!" she shouted as everyone immediately moved. After only a few minutes, everyone was in place.

"Ok. I will evaluate the daggers, Winter - group 1, Fall - group 2, Summer - group 3," Spring said, all of us nodded. 

I walked to my group, which was right next to Spring's and Fall's. Jason was the first person in line. I wanted to punch in his smug face. He had become arrogant. I could tell.

"Ok. I want you to pair up in pairs which would be in your level," I started, "be fair, I don't want your body parts scattered on the floor!"

"but no one's as strong as me, Winter," Jason said, emphasizing my name, just as everyone started pairing up,

"really? Who has actually sparred against him?" I asked, no one raised a hand, "so you never knew? Ok, so you're with, what's your name?" I continued after a moment, pointing my sword (which wasn't riptide) to the only non-paired kid,

"Andrew?" the boy squeaked, I smiled warmly,

"with Andrew," I finished off, smiling. Jason's smile wavered, "I want you all to do it one pair at a time so I can actually see you," Everyone nodded, except for Jason.

Spring's pov:

I stared at the group in front of me. I didn't know that many of them. There were a few, though, Annabeth, Drew, Lucy, Rosanna (another one of my sisters) and a few other Aphrodite children I used to know.

"Uh, I mean no disrespect, but I thought the children of Aphrodite didn't fight with weapons, or really anything?" I asked awkwardly. Annabeth sighed irritated and looked away while Drew looked down.

"There once was another child of Aphrodite. I didn't like her at first, called her a dumpster and tried commanding her and what not. But she was one of the seven in the war against Gaea and the giants. Her name was Piper McLean. After the quest she did, I loathed her," Drew laughed humorlessly, "but then I saw that she wasn't like any of us. She didn't care about what she looked like or anything like that. She cared about people truly. She was a hero. Our sister."

"then the camp believed that she aided Kronos and Gaea, though she wasn't even there when Kronos was an enemy. They threw her aside, absolutely destroyed her whole trust. Everyone believed that they were traitors. She was disowned, which is why we haven't talked to Aphrodite since, even though she tried apologizing and so on to us continuously. Chiron even said he'd kill them! Percy, Piper, Leo and Hazel. The only true heroes that ever existed," Lucy sighed,

"Piper fought with a dagger. Katopris. She mastered it quickly. She fought with it and her voice. It's amazing how she was so good at it, which is why we chose to follow her path. I hope she comes back, they're all a legend in our cabin," Rosanna laughed.

I wanted to cry and hug her. They remembered me! But I knew they didn't know who I was. Yet. So I just smiled,

"that's beautiful, nice to know you all are part of this war too," I said, making them smile proudly.

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote, share and follow!