CHRISTMAS BOX - EkehAnita

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes ma'am" she chuckled and hunged up.

I'm only going to that party because of Kelvin, I've had a huge crush on him since high school and I can't control my crush towards him.

I threw my phone on the bed and moved towards the bathroom to take a bath. I came out with my white towel, I rubbed some lotion on my body and wore a white tank top and a pair of ash joggers, I combed my long hair and packed it in a bun, with that I grabbed my phone from the bed and left the room.

Dad was already making breakfast while Taiwo my little sister was sitted in front of the TV, her eyes were still glued to the Nickelodeon marathon series they were showing, this time they were showing Sponge Bob Square Pants.

"What do you see in this annoying cartoon?* I asked her as I sat on one of the couches.

"It's annoying but funny" She replied without taking a little glimpse of me.

"Mhmm" I nodded my head.

In the TV it displayed Sponge Bob in his working place sharing Krabby Patty to the customers and from the way it looks I guess it was Christmas.

"Lara, Taiwo, breakfast" Dad yelled from the Kitchen.

"Coming Dad" We both said and ran to the kitchen

We were having Spaghetti for breakfast, well just to hold our tummy till the real food is cooked.

Ever since mom left, my Dad has always been moody and if I ask him what's wrong he'll always smile and say It's Nothing, I had even caught him crying on one or two occasions but never talked about it.

"Umm Dad" I rubbed my palms nervously.

"What's it honey?" He raised his head up.

Asking my Dad permission kinda annoys me, like I'm old enough to go out without getting permission. "I'm going to a Christmas Party tonight with my Friend" I said.

"Who are you going with?" He asked with his deep baritone voice.

"Mercy" I said.

"Hmm, Well you can go but come back before Ten" He said.

Wait just like that? No pleading or Jamb questions

"Thank you Dad" I gave him a side hug and continue eating my Spaghetti.

"Can I come with you?" Taiwo asked.

"No, it's not for people of your age" I smiled.

"What about to swim with Amara today?" She asked Dad. "Pleeeeaasee" She pouted.

"Okay" He sighed

What's up with dad and allowing us to go out today cause last time I checked we never leave the house unless it's for special purposes like Church, School and work.

        ______________❤_______________

High by Adekunle gold and Davido boomed the speaker as we entered the party, a lot of people were dancing while some were eating the barbecue meat others were sitting down either vibing the party or gisting.

Earlier today Taiwo was so eager to go swimming with her best friend Amara but was disappointed by Amara. She called Amara earlier but the response she got made her broken, she really wanted to go out, so to make her happy I brought her to the party, I know it was a big risk but I wanted to mend her and now she's my responsibility.

"There's Kelvin" Mercy whispered

I took a glimpse at him, he was so handsome under the party light. Lol. He was talking to a girl which I recognized as his snobby sister, Jessica.

"He's just so dreamy" I ogled at him.

"I know right"

"Are we gonna party or are we gonna stare at cute guys?" Taiwo said Nonchalantly.

"Let's go party" Mercy squealed and ran to the crowd.

"She's gone" I muttered.

I walked past the large crowd with my sister when I saw Wale and Kelvin probably gisting.

"Great party Wale" I said to him.

"Lara, I'm so glad you made it" He said and gave me a side hug.

"How're you doing Lara?" Kelvin asked.

Wait Kevin just talked to me, and he knows my name, of course he knows my name, Wale just called my name.

"I'm good" I blushed.

"Nice" He said and brought his hand out for a handshake.

         ____________❤_______________

Well the rest of the party went smoothly and we came home.

We were at the dining eating the leftover Christmas rice which my dad prepared earlier today when we heard a knock on the door.

'KNOCK KNOCK'

Taiwo ran to check who's at the door.

"Mum?" We heard her say, we snapped our head towards the direction of the door and behold……..

"Mum?" I said obviously shocked.

"Tola" Dad called with a surprised shock as he slowly stood up.

After one full year, mum is finally back.

We made her rest small before asking her series of question

"What happened mom?".......

        ______________❤_______________

So after series of questions we found out that mum was arrested at the airport for carrying cocaine which someone framed her for, that's why she didn't call or text us. But she's back now, although she didn't spend the Chrisrmas day with us but she spent the Christmas night with us. A Christmas Miracle 😌.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
❤❤BEST CHRISTMAS EVER ❤❤
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

~EkehAnita