CHRISTMAS BOX - EkehAnita

CHRISTMAS BOX

After so many days of waiting for the Christmas to arrive, it finally came busting in.

It was 3 am in the middle of the night, the cold wind bursted in through my window, my body felt cold making me close the window in my room so I could sleep….

          _____________❤ _____________

The sunshine was dim as the wind and dust kept knocking on my window, I woke up feeling ecstatic cause it was my favourite day of all days, IT WAS CHRISTMAS DAY, the day that held so many memories, Good and Bad memories, exciting and tragic memories.

I got up from bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before going downstairs to the leaving room where my sister and my father were watching the latest Christmas marathon of Nickelodeon shows.

"Good morning dad" I greeted my dad with a smile and pecked his cheek.

"Good morning sister Lara" My little sister greeted.

"How're you doing baby girl" I ruffled her soft hair and proceeded to the kitchen to make some coffee.

"I'm good sis" She gave a cheeky smile.

"Dad, you want some coffee?" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Nahh I'm good" He yelled back.

I made a cup of Black coffee for myself to refresh my weary body. It was the holiday season so the coffee shop will be taking a few days break for us to celebrate the holiday's Christmas.

I took my mom's photo from the top of my bed stand and held it.

"I miss you" I whispered and remembered the good old days, when she was always there for us, when we smile and laugh together. Why does she have to leave us?
I didn't know when a teardrop fell out of my eye and landed on her picture.

Today made it a year since she left us for the US and never came back, she never called, never texted, or never came to see us. No one knows if she's dead or alive, or if she has another family, but I miss her.

I got a call from my bestie Mercy, she can be so dramatic and crazy, she's the kind of girl you can classify as Cruise.

"Wassup chica" She hollered from the other end of the call.

"Hey girl, you just love to burst my eardrums" I chuckled.

"And I love it" She squealed.

Dramatic much.

"What do you want?" I playfully rolled my eye.

"Can't a girl call her bestie anymore?" She said, I could sense her childish pout.

"We all know that anytime you call me it's always to ask for something"  I said.

"Awww look at you, knowing your bestie, front and back" I heard her laugh.

"You will not kill me Mercy" I chuckled. "So what do you want?" I asked.

"There's a party tonight at Wale's house, y….."

"No, No, I'm not coming, something told me you were about to say that" I chipped in.

"But it's Wale oo, you know no one misses his party" She said.

"I don't care, I'm not coming" I declined.

"Kelvin would be there" She said, she knew were she was going and she got me good.

"When is the party" I suddenly asked.

"Tonight by 7 pm" She said.

"Pick me up" I said.