"Well, I am not but if you have a favor to ask, I wonder what would I ask for a payment?" He said as he was amused with my begging to him.

"What do you want?"

"Well, I think I will hold that payment. So, let's hear it. What do you want me to do?" He asked. I sighed before I rubbed my face with my free hand.

"I want you to find someone for me," I said to him.

"Who? And why should I?"

"Well, look, she's special and I can't find her because she disappeared like she never exists," I said as I was walking back and forth.

"Well, if someone doesn't want to be found, maybe they should have not," he replied as there was amusement in his voice.

"I'm serious, Val. She was...she was someone special for me. And I think I have made a mistake that caused all this. I want to change it, I wanted to fix it. Please will you help me?" I asked him as I sat on the bed. I cannot do anything if he doesn't want to help me. There was a silence between us before he sighed.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Well, her name was Flora Kent but her database indicates that she was gone for good. I cannot have any records of her in the government," I said as I told him what I have done.

"Well, did you check the private servers?"

"No, I don't know how to hack into them. Their encryption layers were thick as thieves," I said as I was giving up doing any coding after 3 layers that I just hacked.

"Well, that would be no problem at all, I like a challenge," he said as he was cracking some knuckles.

"Will you report to me as soon as you can?" I asked him.

"Well, you know I will,"

"Thanks, buddy," I said as I hung up in him. I sighed as I looked into the sunset that was setting. How I missed her.

I put the phone down as I sighed. I leaned on the window as I was inhaling a deep breath.

Her papaya scent.

Her glossy hair.

Her smooth, pale skin.

Her big, green eyes.

She smiled as she looked at me when we were still in college.

I opened my eyes as I was looking into the horizon and I stared at my reflection. It was a hot mess.

The beard that needed to be shaved.

Bloodshot eyes because I did not have enough sleep.

Long hair because I refused to get it done.

I sighed before I went to the bathroom. If Val ever found Flora and I get to meet her again, I will need to be on my best appearance. Hence, more of shaving and haircut I supposed.

Flora Kent's POV

I was free when my boss suddenly emailed me. It says that it was urgent and I had the urge to open it. The email went like this:

Flora, I need you to look into things. Based on your experience to hack the government system, I think you can have a challenge for yourself to hack into the private servers. I need it by tomorrow

~Val

I screamed in delight as I was waiting for a challenge to do it. I clicked on the attachment before my blood drained from my body.

Client: Danial Summer.

Person of Interest: Flora Kent.

Holy shit! Shit, shit, shit! Danial was looking for me. But why now? Why after 5 months? This must be one trigger from my visits. I cannot believe that he just went to look after me because I went to visit him and we kissed.

Oh yeah, we fucking kissed and fucked. I think that was what's made him realize his mistake.

I smiled wickedly as I was replying to his email stating that I will try as I don't think I would get inside.

Well, let just say I fucking invented those layers and layers of encryption to prevent hacking. They were paying me generously for my patent and I have been saving that money to start over.

I think I can make more if I hacked into and they would come for me to solve it.

Yup, that would be the plan and I think I was done to be tossed around because Danial did not want to acknowledge my feelings for him and I, for one, will take advantage of that.

I leaned on the chair as I looked at his description of me. He said that it was urgent to find her right away as he had something to fix with her.

Hah! Like I wanted to fix with you, Danial! Suck it, pal.

I was reading more and more of the information that he had gathered on his own. For his level, he was good and I think he can get more if he just hacked into that encryption but he gave up too early.

Like he gave up on our relationship, my dark mind said.

I shook my head as I was rubbing my eyes. I felt sleepy and I think I needed to take a nap. It was 3 AM and I think it was time to sleep. It must be 8 or 9 PM in the States. I guess I have to hit the sack or I might lose it.

I switched the computer to sleep mode before I went out of the study room in my bedroom. I went to a shower for bed as I took out my pajama. It was lingerie actually, the one that I will show to Danial if he ever visits me or maybe find me when I was in recluse. That would have been a good one.

Well, a girl can hope and she hoped that he will pay for everything that he had done to her.