"What's wrong?" He finally asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Nothing. My mum is just being a bitch again, trying to control my life," I said as I was looking out the window. I was sighing as I don't know how to break this to him. Maybe I will keep it until I was ready to tell him. He sighed before he parked in the garage of his house.

He got out as well as me. I followed him into his house as I dropped the handbag on the coffee table. It was late afternoon as I just had lunch at my parents'. I was wondering if Danial had his.

"Did you eat lunch yet?" I asked him as I turned around to look at him. He smirked at me before he stood in front of me.

"I haven't since I was craving something else than usual today," he said as he was holding my waist. His eyes were hooded before I slid my arms around his neck.

"What do you have in mind, mister?" I asked huskily as our hot breaths mingled.

"You know what I wanted," he replied huskier to me that flipped my stomach. I cannot go through with this engagement. All I ever wanted was him, Danial who was standing in front of me right now.

"I think I would rather have that now," Danial said as he scooped me up and he kissed me. I wrapped my legs around his torso as I was kissing him with needs, the frustration that was building inside me after that news.

I wanted to get out of here.

He laid me on the sofa as I was pulling him closer. I grazed my erected nipples as he groaned at me. I moaned as he slid his tongue into my mouth,

"So sweet that I can eat you all day," he mumbled as he was pushing in and out of his tongue inside my mouth. I gripped his neck even tighter as I play with his nape.

"Let's move away. Let's disappear," I blurted as he pulled away from the kiss. I was looking into his blue eyes as they held confusion in them.

"What do you mean? Like, run away?"

"Let's start our lives together somewhere far from here," I said as I was caressing his chest. He smiled at me before he stood up from me and he walked toward the kitchen. I sighed as I stood as well and turned to look at him.

"Well?" I asked him as I followed him into the kitchen.

"Tempting but you know we can't do that. We have duties, Flora. I know I have," he said as he pulled something. Danial cooked some stew and it was delicious that I wanted a test as well. My mouth watered by thinking about it.

"So, you don't want to run away with me?" I asked him as I wanted to make sure that he just said that. He shrugged.

"Maybe not now. Until we can figure out something, we are staying, period," he said as he took two bowls and he mentioned me to take a seat. He scooped some stew for him and me. He then put it in front of me before I thanked him.

"Look, I know you want to elope but we just know each other yesterday," he started. I grimaced.

"We've known each other for years now. 5 years to be exact. Why can't we just elope?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"You know it was not the same," he said as he turned to his food and eat it. I grimaced as I took the spoon and eat as well. We ate in silence, so quiet that even you can hear if a needle dropped.

"Look, we will find a way but not right now. I have so many commitments," Danial said as he took my bowl and went to put it in the dishwasher. I was on the countertop as I was drinking the wine that he gave me.

"You hate your commitments,"

"Yes, I do. But what choice do I have? You know my parents. They will know immediately that I have gone out of the country or maybe even worst," he said as he turned to look at me as he was leaning in the sink, wine in his hand as well.

"When can I know you were ready to come clean to both of our parents?" I insisted on him. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I don't know,"

"You mean you don't want to," I said as I know what that words mean exactly. He sighed.

"Flora. I love you. You know I do but doing this will be too much for us. Moreover in a new place. We don't have money and resources,"

"You know that's not true. I have an inheritance. I can access them now. We can get out and elope and live our lives together," I said as I was looking at him. He sighed.

"It's not the same. I am a man. I have to provide for both of us. I don't want to take advantage of you and your money. I just can't. Call me old-fashioned but I don't want you to support our new lives together," he said as he was caressing my cheek. I leaned in his touch as I sighed.

"Fine, I will drop it, for now,"

"Thank you," he said as he kissed me.

"Now, about that dessert," he said as he took my wine glass and put it down on the countertop.

"Hey!"

"Sorry, princess. I have to have you, now," he said as he scooped me and I wrapped my legs around his torso before he walked toward the bedroom.

Yup, a plan has to wait.

I was looking at the ceiling as the moon was shining outside. I looked at Danial who was sleeping soundly and wrapped his hand around my waist. I can't sleep even if I wanted to. Danial refused to elope with me, I think he did not even want to be with me forever.

I sighed again as I was unhooking his hand from my waist before I put on my clothes. Well, if he did not want to, then I will do it myself. I will find a way to get out of this marriage and this time, Danial can fuck himself.

I went to grab my handbag and I looked at this apartment one last time as well as Danial's face.

"Goodbye, my love," I said as I kissed his lips. He stirred before I went out of the bedroom and that house forever.

Danial Summer was dead to me.