37. Bullseye

"I think you got it all." I whispered tiredly as Alexei took my ankle, putting it at eye level for his thorough examination. He rubbed more healing balm on the small cut, making sure the mixture was all absorbed before he grabbed my thigh, holding it up to his view. "Alexei!" I wiggled my thigh from his grip. He held on tight, refusing to relinquish his hold. My elbow felt like it had been slathered in glue already, I planned to get a towel to wipe the excess balm off.

"This will be the last one." He assured me as he swiped a generous blob of the translucent balm over the fingernail sized cut. I was certain the cut wasn't from the duel. Most of the injuries I sustained from the duel were along my sides and back where Alexei had already slathered half the balm. It was still stinging against the robe he pulled out for me to wear.

"Hold still or I'll tie you up." He warned.

He sounded too serious; I knew he would do it, so I allowed him to finish off.

When his fingers began to slide up my waist, searching for more scrapes, I shook my head, stealing the tub from his hand. "Nope. I'm good. You've literally slathered this stuff all over me and now I feel like a shiny dildo."

Alexei gave me a look of displeasure, taking the tub back into his possession and tucking it on his shelf. "And you know how that feels?"

I didn't have a response, so I turned my head into the pillow, groaning. "Leave me alone."

I felt his fingers tap my hip. I rolled over, so I was face up and staring up at him from his bed. He had taken a shower too but decided to play with my hormones since he opted to wear only his maroon sweatpants and leave all his glorious muscles exposed for my viewing pleasure.

Alexei had switched off most of the lights around the house, but Sascha and Tatiana had fallen asleep on the couch, watching a movie after they had fussed over me. I'd been surprised that they had been like that until Alexei shooed them away. I almost smacked him for being so rude.

Alexei left the lampshade in the corner of the bedroom on, so he could find all the cuts and bruises along my body to smear the healing balm on.

"Wait here, I'm going to wash my hands since they're still sticky from the balm." He said as he disappeared into the adjoined bathroom. I heard the tap run.

I closed my eyes, inwardly castigating myself for not appreciating Alexei's efforts. I was just about to roll out of bed to get him, but the bed depressed on my right side. The light switched off as I felt his arm curl around my hip. His palm spanned my belly as he cradled my hips closer to his front. "Sleep."

I found his hands, cupping them. "Thank you for taking care of me." I whispered into my pillow.

A sigh left his lips. I felt him shift, placing one thigh, between mine. "I'll do anything for you. Now sleep. You must heal before we see the healer tomorrow."

I wiggled from his grip and rolled onto my other side, so I was facing him. He captured my hips again, pulling me closer. "What are you doing Solnishko?"

I stuffed my head beneath his chin and pressed my palms against his hot chest, feeling smooth skin. "Holding you."

A pleased chuckle left his lips as I snuggled deeper into his embrace.

---

The cuts were better in the morning, but Alexei still applied the balm on after my morning shower at the kitchen table. I would have been mortified if his sisters had been in the house, but they weren't. Alexei mentioned that they had gone to explore the forest area behind Alexei's home which left plenty of time for Alexei to take me on the kitchen island.