Game Time

"Alright, I trust you guys have introduced yourseleves to Jordan." Coach Nelson says as they both come into the dressing room.

"Yeah, Liv did." Lennox reply's.

"She said our last names too." Scott adds.

"Well that's good, it's only fair that Jordan knows all your dumb full names."

"Yeah says you, Trenton Baker." I say and some of us laugh, including both the Coaches.

"Okay enough of that, it's game time in 15 minutes. Tell us the lines Lavinia." Coach Nelson says.

"Alright, most of the lines are the same and not affected my Jordan being here tonight, but just incase you can't get that through your thick ass skulls, I will tell everyone your lines. Starting defense are myself and Maddox, Starting wings are Cory and Brett with the starting center Jordan. Second line on defense is Asher and Connor, with the wings Alexander and Lennox, then Alistair will be center. Thrid line is Max as center Cameron and Dylan as wings and whoever is good for defense. Lastly our goalies, Scott and Arlo."

"Perfect, you guys know what to do but Jordan will need some tips." Coach Baker adds. "So you guys will be helpful during the game. None of the silent treatment shit, got it?"

"Yes Coach." The team says.

"Also you need to know that whenever Liv get's a penalty when her times up Maddox will pass to you then your job is to pass to her and she will score. She's never missed that shot in the 9 years I've coached her, so trust us." Coach Nelson tells Jordan.

"Game plan is like always. Jordan you should know it, you did it when you tried out." I tell everyone.

"Great now lets get out there Cyclones!" Alistair says and I shoot him a glare before we get on the bench.

"Right and I forgot to tell you Jordan, these Cobras have a thing for Liv they play really dirty towards her line, espically with her so don't get in their way when they want to throw punches with her. She can handle her own, unless it gets bad then you all step in." The coaches pull him aside and tell him.

"Number 21, he's the captain when we are winning he will play his dirtiest game and won't get caught because he is the refs son and the ref is very sexist. His name is Marcus, throw him off by saying "Lavinia" okay?" Coach Nelson tells him.

"Why Liv's name?" He asks.

"Because I dated him for a month." I tell him as I come up behind him. "This isn't just a game, Jordan. This is a rivalry between two great teams."

"You can learn the full story after we win." Maddox tells him as we get onto the ice.

After warm up we start playing the game.

We are set up for the face-off. Jordan has the puck, face to face with Marcus. Myself and Maddox lined up behind him on either side, Cory and Brett in front of each of us lined up with Jordan. The ref drops the puck and the game starts. I focus on the puck watching what what will happen with it. Jordan wins the face-off and passes it backwards to Maddox.

Everything goes into slow motion, I can hear skates cut through the ice and my breathing is slow and steady. We both skate backwards a little, waiting for the zone to neutralize.

Jordan skates down and around Maddox and hangs around the blue line for about 3 seconds before he's off after the puck.

But while he is skating around Maddox, Cory (the left wing) is skating in a circle and taking off towards the top of the blue circle. Brett (the right wing) is skating in a line straight up towards the boards where the blue line meets it.

Then I look over at Maddox and smack my stick against the ice, without looking he passes me the puck in a smooth movement. I look around at my surruondings one more time.

I have the option of passing the puck up to Brett who is waiting ready for a pass at the boards, one guy skating up to him. Not a clean pass,

Cory who is waiting at the top of the circle, with no one on him but a risky pass through the middle isn't the best choice.

So I look over to Jordan who is the best option. He is wide open and looks ready to prove himself.

So I get ready to pass the puck up to Jordan and just as my stick hits the puck I feel someone push me down on the ice. Just as I hit the ice I see Jordan take off in a second towards the puck.

"Hey princess, didn't know they let little girls play a mans sport." A guy says from ontop of me. I hear the sound of a puck hit the crossbar and then a whistle is blown.

"Get off." I tell him.

"Don't tell me what to do. This how it should always be." He says as he sits on me. "The guy ontop, telling the little slut what to do, not the other way around."

"I said get the fuck off of me!" I yell as I try to push him off. I grit my teeth and push as hard as I can, he falls backwards and then I see my team has him in a circle yelling at him, execpt Jordan.

"Number 19 black, roughing penalty two minutes." Marcus's dad yells.

"You okay?" Jordan asks me as he helps me up.

"Perfect." I say as I fake a smile.

***

There are thrity eight seconds left in the game and here I am sitting in the box for the fourth time. Thirty seconds left in the box, I can do this. Right now the Cyclones and the Cobras are tied 4 to 4, I can see the worried faces on the bench. Coach Nelson is biting his finger nails and Coach Baker is craking his nuckles.

On the ice I see Maddox, Croy, Brett, and Jordan looking really worn out and tired. Arlo is worried I can tell he is, he can't stand still. It's a breakaway and I only have four seconds left in the box. 3..2..1. I jump out of the box and get a pass from Jordan, I take it up to the net and look at the clock. 3.. I skate faster. 2.. I get past the defense. 1.. I score.

Then I'm thrown into the boards by the same guy from earlier. I fly over Bretts stick and smash into Jordan, which sends us both into the boards. Then all of a sudden the entire team is on top of us. Even the Coaches are in the pile of sweaty gross teenagers.

"Liv, Liv, Liv, Liv!!" Everyone chants I smile and hug them all as I lay ontop of Jordan on the botoom of the pile.

***

That was a fun chapter to write, sorry again if there were any mistakes. I swear my laptop is on crack.

Please tell if you want longer or shorter chapters that would be great!!

word count: 1210