"?"

Though he was confused at first, he soon seemed to come to profound enlightenment and decided to share in his newly found insight.

"To be your escort, obviously."

"Huh?"

"?"

Wait, he was my escort?

"W-wait a minute."

Quickly I shut the door.

"..."

WHAT!!?? ASHER AUREUS, MY ESCORT? LIKE THE CHAMPION OF XYRUS??? THAT GUY??

I freaked out internally.

Although Asher wasn't aware, he was thought of and treated as an idol among his generation of elves.

It made sense.

At the young age of 2, he awakened as a mage tearing down an eighth of the capital, becoming a Candidate (though not even Tessia knew what a Candidate actually was), being mentored by lord Virion the Prime Candidate, as well as a Successor, the youngest Royal Knight in the entirety of the history of Elenoir, 4-time Dinner Marathon record-breaker, etc.

His accomplishments were as great as those of heroes in legends, so it was almost natural that other elven children would idolize him. Tessia was no exception to this either.

"Huuu..."

Exhaling, I opened the door to try again.

"Ehem."

"?"

He turned from observing a black vase. I think it was made out of byttite? Wait! Stop getting distracted, Tessia!

"Nice to meet you..."

"...Likewise."

He smiled.

—Thud.

I could hear something falling in the background.

Concerned, I turned to see what was going on and saw a maid on the ground, clutching her heart.

"..."

"Don't you have to..."

"... Don't worry about it."

She was probably acting again anyways. That woman was dramatic.

"So, um..."

Gosh, why can't I think of anything??

"... Y-you'll be my escort, right?"

"Correct. As long as I am not dispatched for a mission, I will be working as your personal guard indefinitely."

Swallowing, I spoke with the dignity a princess should have... I think.

"O-ok, so I'm going to go to the dining hall."

"... I'll be right behind you."

I began to creak my way over to the dining hall, all the while trying to wrap my head around the fact that Asher Aureus was my escort.

**

Asher POV

I followed the princess from behind her.

So, this is Grey's, no, Arthur's girlfriend.

She seemed like a well-mannered girl, but... something told me that she was a bit more...

...Proactive?

Was that the right word?

I wasn't sure, but I had a suspicion that she had a flip side to her personality.