Candidacy

A/N: We're back to normal chapters!

I'm thinking of speeding up the pacing a bit as I feel that this ff's real story doesn't start until a bit later. Let me know what you think.

In any case, happy reading :D

"Wake up!"

I jolted awake as a thunderous voice interrupted my slumber.

"Ueh? Who...?"

I muttered as I swiveled my head with my eyes still half closed.

"Training starts now!"

Huh? Training?

—Poof

"Umf!"

Before I could finish processing what was going on, a pillow slammed into my face.

When I moved the pillow, Virion could be seen holding some kind of light sphere in the doorway. The glow illuminated a smirk on his face.

"Heh, did that get you up?"

I pouted and glared at him, but Virion ignored me and turned to leave.

"Hurry up and get out. Alea's already out on the field."

He shut the door behind him, leaving me alone.

I stared blankly.

"...Training? At this hour?"

I looked out the window. The sun had yet to rise. In fact, the moon had yet to sink.

I turned back to the door to the door wondering if I was having a dream or something. I even pinched myself.

"Ow!"

Yup, it was reality.

I looked back to the window.

A full moon proudly floated in the air.

Seeing this, and my mind on the word "training", a certain memory surfaced. A memory of someone from my previous life.

Right, that crazy guy would be training at this time of day too—

—BAM

At that moment, the door slammed open.

"Didn't you hear me!? Get ready!"

Virion shouted at me, and I quickly scurried out of bed to get ready, abandoning my momentary reminisce.

**

After walking an unknown distance, we arrived at an open field.

"This is the place."

Hearing this, I gazed at the green that was illuminated by the moonlight and was immediately enraptured by the sight.

The grass waved gently in the spring breeze, the pale moon loomed overhead, and the breathtaking stars that littered the sky all came together to give the scene an almost mystical vibe. But what caught my eye was a certain elf who was meditating in the middle of it all.

Alea.

Her hair and figure were illuminated by starlight, and coupled with the white robes she was wearing, she looked almost... ethereal.

...As expected of mother.

"Move it."

Unfortunately, Virion didn't seem to share my appreciation for the picturesque scene as he rushed me forward.

Sensing our presence, Alea opened her eyes and looked over. When she spotted us, she sprung to her feet and quickly bowed to Virion.

The old elf, however, waved it off.