backstory

Abigail's pov

Addilyn took my hand and lead me out the water. She sat me down on the sand and sat beside me, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry I asked. I didn't want to seem nosy. I just care about you" I told her.

"I know, baby. You did nothing wrong. I had issues growing up as a kid. Family problems."

Hearing her say that really did break my heart. I can't imagine what she went through.

                              Addilyns pov

Letting Abigail know what that scar meant made me a little nervous. Could I really trust her? Sure we had been messing around with each other for some time but it takes me a while to trust some people.

"It's kind of a long story" I murmer. Abigail placed a hand on my thigh.

"And if you're comfortable with telling me, I'll be right here listening."

Usually when people hear my story they'll say "oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Or "I can't imagine the pain you felt." But all I really wanted people to do was listen, they would just cut me off letting me know they try to seem like they car, when they probably didn't.

"So, as you know I grew up without a dad and he left us pretty much homeless. So my uncle took place and made sure I was taken care of." I let the wind flow in my hair, staring at the ground. "But mom had to make money somehow right? She would let random guys come to our guys and they would pay her." I looked at Abigail seeing if she'll say something.  

She didn't. This is where people usually say something but Abigail didn't. And that made me smile. "One day I decided to fight back against one of the guys coming over. I was so sick of being sexually abused by men. When I fought back and started to kick and scream, he hit me and took all of my moms money."

"So he hit you and left that scar on your back?" Abigail asked me, sympathy in her voice.

I nodded. "Yes. His belt was already off so he took it and whipped me with it. The pain was unbearable. Throughout my whole life I wanted to be loved." I shook my head and a tear streamed down my face.

Abigail pulled me in for a hug. "I'm here for you, baby. And you are loved. I love you."

"I love you, too." I put my head on her shoulder and we stayed like that for some time, looking at the waves and the sunset ahead of us.

"I can't believe your mom did that to you." Abigail sighed.

"It's okay. I still love her. She's still my mom. Flesh and blood. I do everything I can to make her happy, putting a smile on her face."

"And you will. Don't overwork yourself either." Abigail comforted me with her words.

"How did I get so lucky?" I chuckled.

"Because you're stuck with me, silly!" Abigail rubbed my shoulder and kissed my lips. She was really special. I couldn't ever imagine losing her.