「Phase 120」Where I Belong

Start from the beginning

After a second, Usagi grinned. "Well, you're Claire-chan and anyone would die to be in a unit with you! So you'll be fine, I think. Plus you're talented and listen to rules and basically you'll probably be the top idol someday - not counting Mai-chan. And also once Hanabusa-senpai retires."

Claire chuckled. "I'm flattered. But I wonder if they'll take on an idol already in an idol school. I don't exactly want to leave here, after all..."

Usagi and Hikaru stopped in their tracks.

"Leave?"

"Some agencies are possessive. They might make me leave."

"...That makes sense," Hikaru said. She muttered, "I hope you don't though."

"You shouldn't!" Usagi yelled, "This school is amazing! Like, like... like we have Hinode-senpai. And... and we have tons of other great idols here. And good lessons. And... you know." She pouted. "Why would you ever want to leave?"

"I don't! I'm just considering things." Claire smiled. "Don't worry. I'm sure I'll find out what I want soon. Anyway, I have something else to handle. See you soon~."

As Claire walked away, Usagi placed her hands to her head.

"Agh, that's not what I meant to say!"

"Usagi-chan..."

"Even though everyone supported me when I was going to leave for a much worse reason..."

"Claire-chan doesn't want to leave either."

"What if she lied just to reassure me?"

"..."

Usagi curled up her lip, tearing up.

Then she sighed and relaxed her composure.

"I guess all I can do now is find the best rabbit girl unit ever," she mumbled.

"... I've been wondering..." Hikaru said, "What exactly counts as a rabbit girl..."

Immediately, Usagi's expression lit up and she began hopping on the spot. "Does that mean-?!"

"...Usagi-chan...?"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"Good morning, Suzukawa-san. I'm glad you could make it."

"Me too. Ever since I saw your offer, I've been interested in taking it up."

The woman smiled. She had dark red hair worn in a braid and tight, smart clothing. "You're interested in joining one of our units, correct?"

"That's right. I've done my research and your agency always produces high-quality results."

"You're correct. We have strong regimes in place to ensure each of our idols produces the highest quality possible. I've looked over your past works and you seem like a good fit for our unit 'Beyond.'"

Claire nodded. "I've been looking into them. I'd be honoured to join."

The woman smiled. "You'll be taking a few days to try it out and see if you're a good fit for our company. Is that okay with you?"

"It sounds amazing. Thank you."

The women led Claire into another room, where four other girls were. One had dark green hair in a perm. There was another girl with bright pink hair in a ponytail, and a girl with short pastel purple hair. Finally, there was the girl with the most overwhelming presence of them all - a girl with long, honey-coloured hair.