Chapter 14, Real as it'll ever be

Layla carried Sky's picture with her wherever she went. Naomi wanted to see the picture, so Layla gave it to her to see. The moment Naomi saw the picture she started crying herself. Layla looked at her and wondered why her friend is crying.

   "Sky." Naomi sobbed.

   Layla's eyes widened, she never told Naomi about Sky, how did she know who it was. "Naomi, how did you know?"

   "The moon," Naomi spoke. "He is Manni, Manni loved Iris, who was Aurora, who is, you," Naomi concluded as she looked at her friend.

   "Naomi, how do you know all this?" Layla asked.

   "I can see them. Lisa." Naomi uttered. "They called me Lisa."

   Naomi was staring at the picture as if she was put in a trance, but when Layla heard Naomi say she is being called Lisa, she felt as if she entered a trance herself.

   "Lisa? Is it you?" Layla heard herself ask.

   "Where is Sky?" Naomi asked.

   "I don't know," Layla replied.

   "How is this real? Naomi questioned, "How are we alive again?"

   "I don't know, but I guess we were given this life to fix what happened in the old one. But I have to find him. I just have to. I have done many mistakes before, this time I know it won't be easy, but I will find him." Layla explained.

   Later that same day Layla and Aster met up. He saw Layla carrying a picture, so he asked about it. "Your mom gave it to me. Do you want to see it?" She asked.

   "Is it a baby picture of me?" Aster asked.

   "No," Layla answered.

   "Then I am good. I'd rather look at the sky." Aster spoke as he pointed at the sky.

   "I wish I can find the sky," Layla mumbled.

   "It's up there," Aster responded with his eyebrows furrowed.

   "Another sky." Layla smiled.

   "You're all kinds of weird, you know that?" Aster replied as Layla laughed.

   "Aster, by any chance, do you believe in rebirth?" Layla asked, giving him a serious expression.

   "I don't know, no one really knows what happens when we die," Aster stated. "Why?"

   "I just feel like I have lived before. I actually know it." Layla revealed.

   "Don't be silly, Layla. It's probably just a weird feeling. Don't put too much thought into it." Aster spoke.

   "But it's not just me though. I remember real stuff from my past life." Layla asserted.

   "You probably read about it somewhere." Aster insisted that his friend didn't live before.

   "I did. See, this was my soulmate in my past life." Layla showed Aster the picture.

   "This just looks like a normal guy. How do you know he is your soulmate?" Aster asked.

   "I just feel it, Aster," Layla replied.

   "And now what? You will show it to every boy you meet until one of them remembers that he lived before too?" Aster questioned.

   "I know you're making fun of me, but this is important. I want him, I feel like my heart is about to burst. I can't take it anymore." Layla confessed as her face showed extreme signs of frustration.

   Aster couldn't bear to see his best friend in this phase, so he offered: "Whatever will calm you down I'll do. He might be your soulmate, but in this life, I am your soul friend."

The Light In the Skyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें