Emma- Mama, why do we have to get dressed so early?

Betty- Because we're going on a little trip.

Emma- Yay!

She finished getting Emma ready with a small bag before they went downstairs to meet Fp and Jughead.

Emma- Juggie!

Jughead- Hey cutie!

The little girl let go of her sister's hand and ran to the youngman in front of her. He instantly picked her up and threw her in the air before catching her and holding her on his hip.

Fp- Alright guys, breakfast is ready!

Jughead put Emma down on the ground and she ran to her chair, pulling herself up carefully. Betty sat down next to her and helped her eat everything while she ate some of the food, then she, Emma and Jughead left.

Emma- Where are we going?

Jughead- A fun place!

Emma- Okay, will we be able to play?

Betty- Yeah...

Emma- Can we build a fort?

Betty- Later, when we get home.

She nodded and continued to ask questions the whole walk, then they arrived at the daycare center. Jughead signed her in while Betty distracted her but then a worker came to take her to the classroom.

Sarah- Hi! I'm Miss Sarah, are you ready to go to your classroom and meet your new friends Emma?

She instantly got nervous and shook her head while grabbing onto Betty's legs. The teenager bent down in front of the little girl and took her hands while kissing her cheek.

Betty- You're going to have so much fun babe, aren't you excited?

Emma- (shakes her head) You said you were going to stay with me. (cries)

Betty- I know, but I have to go to school.

Emma- You lied. (cries)

Betty- I'm sorry baby, b-but I really have to go. (tears)

Emma just stood there in front of her and cried before running into the corner and sitting down.

Betty- I'm sorry Sarah, this will just take a second.

Sarah- Don't worry, we've seen it all. To be honest, she's doing pretty well.

Betty giggled slightly before walking over to Emma and picking her up into her arms, but the little girl refused to look at her sister.

Betty- Em, look at me love, please.

She slowly turned her head to look up at her, but then Betty saw all of the tears on her face with her bloodshot eyes.

Betty- Why are you crying baby?

Emma- B-Because you're leaving me. (sobs)

Betty- Only for a few hours, Juggie and I will pick you up as soon as we are out of school. Do you think you can be a big brave girl for me?

Emma looked at her and nodded so Betty placed her down on the ground and wiped her tears away.

Betty- Alright, now show me your beautiful smile.

The little girl smiled and Betty pulled her into her arms tightly before kissing her cheek.

Betty- I'll see you right after school, okay?

Emma- (nods) I love you mommy.

Betty- I love you too.

Miss Sarah walked over to Emma and took her hand as she waved goodbye to Betty and Jughead, then the two teenagers left to go to school. But the rest of the walk, Betty was really quiet.

Jughead- Are you okay?

Betty- Yeah, I just can't stand to see her cry, it hurts my heart. And especially because she just wants to be with me. (softly)

Jughead- I know, but it's only two more years, and then she has to go to school.

Betty- But what happens after that, do I go to college or not because I have to be her mom? And if I went to college she wouldn't be able to live with me so I'd have to get a job now so we could have enough money to live in an apartment.

Jughead- Betts, slow down, we're juniors, we don't need to think about that right now.

Betty- But I need to start thinking about it.

Jughead- Not right now, let's just get through our first day.

They arrived at the highschool, but as soon as they walked in everyone was staring at Betty. Jughead could tell she was nervous so he wrapped his arm around her stomach while they walked to the principal's office. Then they had to wait.