"But if you say it crashed with that type of truck, I suppose it exploded, no?" Xavier asked.

"It did explode. But I also saw it by the time we went drag racing back in Spain a few days later." I sighed as my eyebrows pulled together.

"I get the feeling all this is being planned." Angelo added while running his hand down his chin.

"But hey, how about we examine the envelope for any type of fingerprint, and at the same time track down the car? It's a small island, and we can search it in less than three hours." I suggested, earning an approving nod from Denise and Xavier.

I watched how Angelo bit his lip as he pulled the laptop closer. "Well..." My eyes followed his fingers' movements as he rewound the clip and zoomed in on the man's face. "Noticed this?" He pointed to the top part that wasn't covered, where you could see two scars that went over the right eye. "Let's take that into account when we start looking for someone specific."

"Yeah, you're right." I replied as I peered at the two scars before I leaned over Angelo's shoulder and muttered. "Can we talk, alone?"

He rotated his head to the point where his face was inches away from mine, his dark bronze colored eyes scanning my expression for a moment. I discreetly looked to the side in Denise and Xavier's direction before making eye contact once again.

"Can we have a moment?" He called out to Xavier and Denise who both perked up at his words.

"Sure." Xavier muttered. Denise just nodded, surprisingly managing to keep herself from threatening Xavier when he placed his hand on the small of her back and encouraged her to walk out with him.

When they both left the room, Angelo turned to me with furrowed eyebrows. "What is it?"

Feeling hesitant, I stood up and walked around the desk so we'd be facing each other. "How well do you know the island?"

"Pretty well, why?" He proceeded to interrogate as he leaned back on his chair.

"I was just curious... is there any hospital around?" I muttered, remembering Isabella's state.

"Cara, the nearest hospital is in Spain. There's only one or two clinics around here." He replied after crossing his arms over his chest. I cursed under my breath, but that didn't go unnoticed by him. "Is there anything I should be aware of though?"

"...Not really." I grumbled, avoiding his strong, demanding gaze. I heard his chair's wheels strolling across the tile floor as he pushed it back to stand up and approach me.

"You don't seem so sure about that..." He stated as he cautiously veered down at me.

"Doesn't matter-" I began, but cut myself off when he reached up to move a strand of my hair behind my shoulder. Angelo lifted my chin with his index finger, leaving me with no other option than to look up at him.

"Are you sure?" He raised an eyebrow. I had to push myself and nod yes; because the way he stood, the smell of his cologne, and his burning gaze was starting to get to me. My hand reached up to grasp his wrist, allowing my fingers to graze his hand as I moved it away from my face.

"Yes, I'm sure..." My lips parted as we both narrowed our eyes at each other, then looked down at my hand which was still grazing his own. I realized it would be awkward so I pulled my hand away.

He then cleared his throat. "Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Actually, I was going to remind that you should watch out for anyone, even those that seem like they couldn't hurt a fly." I muttered while crossing my arms over my chest. "Know we shouldn't put our full trust in anyone just because they're on our side."