Epilogue: Welcome Home

Kitsune stood in what was now hers and Chris's house, sweeping up the kitchen floor. It had been about a month since the encounter with Mike. Hell, it'd been even longer since she met these people closest to her heart- Lily, Norman, and of course Chris. It was definitely risky, and had its dangers, but in the end, it proved to be very worth it.

A few weeks before, they had taken Mike to court where he had been convicted. The scars on her neck and the testimony of the doctor who was hired to place the tracker in her neck was just enough to get him convicted. After all the stress that was dealing with all the legal stuff, Kitsune was more than happy to just wind down.

Sighing in contentment, Kitsune put the broom away. She decided to just sew on the couch until Chris came home. She grabbed her sewing stuff from hers and Chris's shared bedroom, and settled into the couch. She hummed softly to herself, working on a new dress. Her mind basically went to a different planet as she went on autopilot, completely focused on the movements of her hands.

She was so caught up in her work, she hadn't even noticed Chris had come home until he called out: "I'm home!"

Upon hearing his voice, she perked up. "Chris!!" She cheered, setting the sets of fabric and needle on the coffee table before running over to him- giving him a warm, welcoming hug. "Welcome home!" She chirped, smiling as Chris hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you, dear. It's good to be back." He stated, smiling down at her. Kitsune giggled, grabbing his hand and sitting down with him on the couch. "So how was your day? No troublesome customers today?" She asked.

"It went fairly well, thank you for asking. And no, thankfully no customers like that. Suffice to say, we've both dealt with enough stress as of late." Chris responded. "But enough about that- how was your day?" He asked.

"Oh, it was fine. Kinda boring without you, but fine. I got some cleaning down, and I started working on a new dress!" The redhead said. "Heh, I see that. I greatly appreciate your help, darling." The taller male remarked.

"Also, I looked into getting a therapist. Lily said it would probably help me a lot... Which is good, because I still get nightmares, and I'm still really nervous around men." Kitsune stated.

"She's correct- therapy can go a long way. Especially considering your experiences." Chris remarked. "Heh, yeah. I've heard." Kitsune said, leaning against him and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Y'know... I'm really glad I did what I did." She commented. "If I hadn't, then I never would've met you, and I'd still be in the same situation I was before." She added.

"The fact you even had to do what you did is an issue in of itself. I know I don't have much room to speak considering my family wasn't the best either, but what happened to you is the opposite of normal. Though, sadly, what with how the world is, I can't say it's THAT big of a surprise." Chris remarked.

"I'm just glad that what happened to me didn't get any worse... But then again, if I hadn't left, it just might've." The redhead stated, sighing. "That's enough of that, though. I left, and that's that. And you know what?" She smiled up at him. "This is the happiest I'd ever been." She stated.

Chris smiled back, moving her hair out of her face. "I could say the same." He remarked, as the two just snuggled into each other. This was it. They knew it for certain.

They were both complete, and this would always be their home.