Chapter 17: The Night of the Decision

Two days came and went, and it was now the evening before Kitsune had to confront her brother again. Needless to say, she wasn't at all looking forward to the encounter. Not at all whatsoever. If she was honest, she'd rather be back in her initial situation... But most preferably of all, she'd rather be with Chris.

It was 8:27 p.m., and Kitsune was laying in bed with Chris. She had been having panic attacks lately, and needed Chris to calm her down. She also just... wanted to be closer to him for comfort. She silently stared up at the ceiling, dread filling her heart at the thought of the following day.

With a sigh, she rolled to face Chris- hugging him. "Chris...?" She quietly spoke up. "Hm? Yes?" The male responded, rolling over to face her properly.

"...I'm scared about seeing him again... W-What if he grabs me and tries to force me to c-come back? What if he hurts you, or Lily, or Norman...? W-What if I don't see you again-" Kitsune's hands gripped onto his shoulders as they began to shake, tears starting to pool in her eyes. She was on the verge of a panic attack.

Immediately taking note of her distress, Chris placed his hand on her cheek. "Kitsune, listen." He softly spoke up, prompting Kitsune to draw her attention to him. "I know you're scared... But it's going to be alright. I'll protect you. Even if, for some reason, he actually tries to take you away, it isn't. going. to happen. I made you a promise, and I damn well intend to keep it." He said, moving her hair out of her eye.

"You trust me, don't you?" He asked. The redheaded girl was silent for a moment before nodding. "Y-Yeah... I-I trust you... More than anything..." She responded.

Her boyfriend smiled a bit, kissing the top of her head. "Good... As I said, everything is going to be alright... You have my word." He said.

Kitsune giggled a little, nuzzling into him. "Yeah... Y-Yeah, you're right... Everything will be ok..." She repeated. "Indeed it will. And I'll be with you every step of the way." Chris remarked, rubbing her back as she decided to lay on top of him.

"Comfortable?" He asked. "Yes, very... I always feel safer when you're around, and I feel even more safe right here..." Kitsune responded.

"Heh, awww... You're adorable, you know that?" Chris asked, snickering when Kitsune let out a flustered whine. "What, it's true!" He remarked.

Before too long, Kitsune's eyes had started to close. She was beginning to feel tired. She repeated what Chris said to her in her head, and slowly but surely, she began to believe it more and more. He was right. Things would be ok. For now though, she'd rather not think about seeing her brother again.

Right now, she'd rather focus on the warmth and comfort that Chris brought her, and enjoy it.