Chapter 10: Confession Under Interesting Circumstances

It was roughly 12:34 a.m.. Chris was asleep in his bed, twitching every now and again. Another nightmare... He swore, these things got worse and worse if they became frequent. Before long, it only got worse- with him tossing and turning. The nightmare eventually reached it's breaking point- Chris shooting upright with a gasp.

He panted for a bit, gripping tightly onto the blankets. Once the shock of the nightmare wore off, he sighed- running his hand down his face. "Damn these nightmares..." He muttered. He honestly couldn't help but to recount what he saw.

Unlike the usual maze of mirrors, he was on top of... something. Maybe a pillar. It was extremely high off the ground. The sky around them was pitch black, yet he could see perfectly fine. The pillar or whatever he was standing on was a warm shade of gray. He thought he was alone until he heard Kitsune speak up.

Instead of her shy yet friendly smile, she looked absolutely pissed off. Before Chris could ask her what happened, she basically exploded- telling him that she didn't want anything to do with him. Chris tried to walk over, attempting to calm her down. But the closer he got, the more she moved away. Without either of them realizing it, she had wound up falling off the edge- plummeting to her death.

He sighed again, laying back down. There was no was he was going to be able to sleep after that. He glanced over at his nightstand where his phone was. He contemplated giving Kitsune a call, if only to get some reassurance. Reaching over, he grabbed his phone and called Kitsune's phone number.

Honestly, he was rather surprised when Kitsune picked up. "Mmm... Hello...? Chris, did you need something...?" She sleepily asked, yawning.

'Damn it- Christopher, you just woke her up. What's wrong with you?' Chris thought to himself. "I... I apologize for waking you up... I-I just- needed to hear your voice..." He stated, feeling embarrassed about his reasoning.

"I-It's ok... Did something happen..? You sound... u-upset..." The redhead asked, the sleepiness slowly leaving her voice as concern took its place. "Well... I... I don't know if upset is the proper word, but... You'd be correct in thinking something happened..." Chris sighed.

"I'm sorry, this is pathetic of me... I shouldn't have called you because of a stupid nightmare-" "Y-You had a nightmare..?" Kitsune cut him off. "Was it bad...?" She asked.

Chris was silent for a moment. "...I'd say so... I won't get too far into it, but... Kitsune?" He finally said. "Yeah?" The redhead acknowledged.

"...When I told you about Lilith... Did it make you see me any differently? Any negative thoughts or anything?" Chris asked, gripping onto the sheets as he awaited her answer. "Mmm... Not really... Like you said, it was a long time ago... And you seem like a completely different person now... I'm not gonna hold you to something in your past like that, especially after seeing how badly it's affecting you." She stated.

"That's good..." Chris mumbled, leaning against his bedframe. "Sit tight for a moment, alright? I gotta get something." Kitsune said, before hanging up.

"That was odd.." Chris mumbled, looking down at his phone. "Maybe she's just getting water or something..." He sighed, setting his phone back down.

When Kitsune hadn't called him back in seven minutes, he began to get worried. What was taking her so long? She should've been back by now, right? He was just about to call her back when he suddenly heard a tapping on his window, prompting him to jump. Looking over, he was immediately surprised when he realized who was standing there.

It was Kitsune.

At first, he wondered how the actual HELL she reached his window- as it was on the second floor. But that's when he noticed that she had brown moth wings with power pink accents. Slowly, he climbed out of bed and walked over to the window before opening it. Kitsune smiled as she hopped in, duffle bag in her hands.