XVI - Severus

"Well, if I wanted to know a person, I would ask them personally. I don't do gossip, you know,"

Severus was shocked by this factor, a girl that wasn't obsessed with gossip, it was.. not normal. He smirked a bit though aside from the fact that he found it odd, for in a way, he could give her respect for that.

"Well, that's good to know that you at least noticed that I'm a girl."

Severus cringed when she glared at him, rolling his eyes in a response to her anger. Yes, he'd realized that she was a girl, it was kind of hard not to, duh. She had just made him feel like an idiot, which wasn't exactly what he'd been going for when he'd been unable to describe her.

"Well sorry I couldn't think of anything better at that present moment." He snapped, focusing his gaze on the lake as hard as he could. He couldn't look at her for fear that she'd see something inside him that he was desperately trying to hide, feelings.

He took in a sharp breath as she approached him, feeling that she was much more calm than she had been, which sort of, almost scared him.

"I know who you are, You don't have to know how to love, it comes naturally, And I can't leave you alone, because I'm not everyone else. I'm myself."

For once someone was being nice to him. Truly nice, not like his friends who he found that though they stood by him and stood up for him, there was always something absent in the way they were with him. He stayed silent though, unsure really how to respond. This was one of the things he was afraid of, commitment. She was beginning to make him feel more at home than he had ever felt, and it scared him.

"No, I'm not going anywhere, I told you, you can count on me being there for you before."

Severus nearly jumped out of his skin as he felt her arms around his waist, but for some reason he didn't pull away, he just stood still, his body stiff and akward. He was panicking, unsure of how he should react. Should he push her off? Be angry? Hold her hand? Kiss her?! Why did things have to be so complicated, why couldn't they be simple for once?