𝟶𝟽 - 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"I-I remember when I first met Hailey, she was kind enough to me. Kind enough to not call me a young loser. She was like a big sister to me." I looked over to George's face."I never really met George. He seemed to be a gentleman, like he didn't want to kill me. Almost like he knew about Hailey and I. Hailey loved him. I can only imagine he did as well." Then I continued on with the 'regular' speech on the cards.

I finished with a gentle smile, then turned to exit, but not without a wink towards the camera. But then, Sapphire was running towards me."Tess! Tess!" What was she yelling about?

All of a sudden, I was covered in ice cold water."WAKE UP!" I looked at her with a 'really' look."Ay, you'll thank me later. I let you sleep in. Interview's in a hour." I nodded at her as she left my room.

~

"This dress is wonderful. But it's-" August cut me off."Capitol dress." He whispered in my ear. I nodded."Go out there and shine TT." I smiled."You're a darling now." It was a vague message, but I understood what he meant. I was apart of the Capitol now. I was a favorite out of all of the other victors. My dress was anything but what a 13 year old would wear. A red dress and I was paired with lace up black heels, and my red hair was up in a ponytail with a braid among my straightened hair. My baby hairs had been pulled out and curled at the front.

•••

•••

Yeah. My butt was practically hanging out. I knew the Capitol was sick, but sexualising a 13 year old! I was uncomfortable even around August. My name was called, and I walked out from the wings. I got a standing ovation, as I blew a single kiss to everyone, my other hand trying to pull the dress down from the back. I waved and had a huge smile on my face. It was only when I shook Ceaser's hand that I realised that he was looking too. Looking down.

"You look wonderful Tess, and congratulations on your win." His eyes were darting up and down at me. We finally sat down."So, that was an amazing victory you pulled out Tess, considering that you scored a 5. Tell me about your experience." He was looking straight at my chest.

"Well Ceaser, I honestly couldn't have done it without my allies throught the whole thing. H-Hailey, Dylan, even George a bit." I stuttered when saying their names, but it was subtle."It was definitely a unique opportunity and experience for me. I understand that it had cons to come with winning, but doesn't all things?" I asked, earning a rise of laughter from the crowd.

I saw a young man in the front row who looked a lot like Finnick. I moved my head to the right and raised my eyebrow. That got a few cheers.

"So Tess, this dress, it's wonderful." Ceaser smiled, looking down again at the fabric that barely covered my privates."Thank you Ceaser, I think it shows off my personality just nicely." Ceaser laughed."Well unfortunately that's all the time we have folks! Have a wonderful night Tess, and congratulations once again!" Ceaser kissed my hand and I exited the stage.

Sapphire was there to greet me."Let's go get your stuff, and something else to change into." I nodded, knowing there were still cameras. Once we got back into my room, I hugged her.

"I wanna go home," I sobbed as she just held me tightly."I know. That was good acting though." She wiped my tears."Go change. You're going to live without this mess from now on." I nodded. She left and I gathered the few things I brought. Finnick's necklace, and Annie gave me a hairclip she would always wear. It was shaped like a pink shell with glitter on it.

I put them in the pockets of my light tan cardigan that went well with my black pleated skirt and light pink top.

I let my hair down and we were off on the train again. Back home.

~

The train door opened and we walked out of the Justice Hall's doors. Sapphire walked me home as we lived close by(obviously).

"Goodnight dear." Sapphire smiled."Goodnight Saph."

I walked in the house and saw Finnick on the couch. But no Annie."Hey, it's a bit late don't you think?" I said, walking up to him."Tessa. You're back." Finn beamed, and hugged me as I sat down."Did you see the interview?" I asked as I just found out how tired I was."Yeah. I saw how uncomfortable you were. But you looked great!" He lightly smiled. I punched his arm."Shut it." I laughed.

"You did. And I don't lie often." Finn looked at me straight in the eyes."Finn?" He continued staring."Tessa you've been my best friend for years. But throughout that time I saw more in you the past year. I-I...you make me feel confident, and strong. You make me believe in myself more than my own mother could."

"What're you trying to say?" I asked. Now it felt like time slowed down for a moment. Finnick had grabbed my jaw slightly with his right hand, and brought our faces close together. Before I knew it I was kissing him back. It was airy and soft, but still filled with passion.

" 'M saying I love you."

Word Count
{1624}