The Great Prison Escape

I sat inside the barrier of Area 77, picking flowers and twisting the stems into a flower crown. Granted, I probably wasn't supposed to be inside their perimeter, but it's not entirely my fault. I mean, they built a fence that I can easily pass through at every single intersection point.

I twisted dandelions around cornflowers around alliums around carefully de-thorned roses. Ren, Grian, and I already had flower crowns, but Impulse did not. He recently joined the hippie commune and was still trying to fit in. Hopefully this would help him. I kept adding in dandelions to give the crown more yellow than other colors because Impulse loves yellow. Ren had a lot of cornflowers and orchids and bluebells, Grian had many roses and poppies and geraniums weaved into his, and mine had lots (f/f) weaved into mine, my favorite flower.

When I ran out of flowers in one spot, I got up and moved to a fresh spot, farther into the land surrounding Area 77. I faintly heard voices a little ways off, but just kept braiding and twisting my stems into a flower crown. I had a small cross body bag hanging by my hip which was quickly becoming full of flowers. Having no more room unless I crushed any of my treasures. I settled myself down on a grassy knoll and fished out a flower.

I was almost halfway through the crown, estimating the circumference of Impulse's head, when a metal hand grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing here (Y/n)?" the angry creeper cyborg asked.

"Oh, hi Doc! I'm just making a flower crown for Impulse! I didn't mean to wander too far into your area."

"Too far? So you planned on breaching Area 77 land?"

I paled slightly at his words. I had meant to cross the border, but not this far. I could clearly see the many bunkers scattered across the landscape, and my RV was not visible anymore.

"The border between us is great for flower picking. I went from one pretty patch of flowers to the next. I guess I just lost focus on where I was. I'll just be on my way back. It's my turn to make the meal tonight anyway-"

Doc grabbed my bag and started digging through the flowers.

"Careful! You'll crush my flowers!" I squeaked, trying to get Doc's creeper hand out of my bag. Especially because I had loose-

My thoughts got cut off when Doc shouted in pain. He pulled his hand out and had at least three rose thorns embedded in his creeper skin.

"Oh my gosh, Doc, are you ok? I am so sorry I should have warned you I had loose thorns in there!"

"Why do you have loose thorns thrown in your bag?" Doc hissed, gripping his hand in pain.

"Hippie philosophy. Everything from nature can be used. There's no point in throwing anything away when there's a use for it. And Grian did say he wanted some rose thorns for something he's been working on for awhile now-"

"That's enough out of you. You're coming with me." His cyborg hand clamped down on my wrist. I tried freeing myself, but there was nothing I could do. Doc's grip felt like a vise.

I got lead through a deep underground bunker, full of odd and seemingly impossible sights. There was a lit nether portal missing one whole side of the portal frame, weird farms that seemed to make no logical sense, and (weirdly enough) Keralis. I blinked in surprise and waved at the wide-eyed man.

"Hey, Keralis."

"Hi, (Y/n). What are you doing down here?"

"I was picking flowers." I wanted to say more to the confused hermit behind bars, but Doc drug me down the hallway until my feet managed to catch up to us.

"Stay in here," Doc grumbled as he pulled a padlock out and latched it to the door of the cell. I stumbled in, my bag having been ripped off when Doc pushed me in here. The door clanked shut, leaving me in a cold musty cell with bars in the front.