35 || Stories From Another Life

En başından başla

"Ranboo, he's my best friend and he lives here," I explain. 

"I saw him in town," Dream's face blanks with thought as pieces start clicking together in his mind. I knew he was thinking about how Ranboo would have known that I was alive and that Dream was looking for me. 

"There's a lot we need to talk about."
"Can we talk about it later?" Dream whines but I shake my head keeping firm. As much as both of us just wanted to stay here and cuddle our problems away that wasn't going to happen.  

"That's impossible, we need to talk now," Dream stays silent. It wasn't an easy topic. 

"Do you want to go first?" he asks me. 
"It's probably easier that way," I say noting his complicated expression. I felt him tense again and his eyes were wide with worry. I lean in kissing his forehead reassuringly. 

"I'm not going to judge you for what you've done. I'll only judge you for what you plan to do about what happened," I say truthfully.

"You haven't changed a bit," he smiles wistfully I give him a confused look. 

"What do you mean?"

"You're just as kind and forgiving and generous as you were before," he smiles and I feel a warm glow in my tummy. 

Dream sits up and leans against the headboard of the bed. I tuck myself under his arm keeping my arms around his waist and he keeps a hand on mine. Dream gives me a nod and I start telling my story. 

I tell him about how Ranboo and I met whilst being held hostage under Schlatt's army in an Old World city. I tell him how I remember he brainwashed me and manipulated my memories with serums made from Ranboo's blood. How I escaped once Ranboo nearly died and I realised Schlatt was planning on killing innocent people.  I tell him about Lorelei and Myles and how we left and found Techno and Phil. As I talk I leave out my new abilities, it would be easier to explain that separately. 

Once I finish, Dream stays silent absorbing everything I've said. But he can only think of his failures. 

"You were right there the whole time, I... I could've..." Dream shakes his head and I pull myself up so I'm sitting taller. 

"You wouldn't have been able to find me, no matter what you tried," I try to reassure him but he won't listen. 

"But I would have-"

"You would not find me, because I didn't want to be found," the room goes silent for a moment. Dream looked baffled, he missed me so much he couldn't understand why I wanted to hide for so long. 

"Why?" 

"Dream my mind was so sick. I-it was like I was somebody else and I think that in some ways I was not myself. Schlatt convinced me that everybody I loved never loved me back."

There are things that I still question. Some things Schlatt showed me or told me about the others still seem reliable. The memory of the photograph was something that I couldn't shake from my mind. It was definitely Dream in the photograph with another girl. 

"Dream, there were people I forgot about altogether and events in my life that didn't exist," I whisper hoarsely and look into his green eyes. His expression was sorrowful and regretful, his brows were knit together thoughtfully and his lips were pursed tightly. Dream pulls me into his chest and hugs me tightly. 

"I'm sorry Y/N," he sounds like he's going to say something else, but chooses to hold himself back. I wonder what it could have been. 

"It wasn't all bad. Some good things came from it all," I smile and silently count my blessings.