Chapter 26

"You really like her, don't you?" Ned asked, a small smile on his face.

"How could I not like her? Just seeing her makes my day a thousand times better than it was. She's beautiful and smart and caring. Even if she is as stubborn as Hell, you can't help but to like her." I spoke, a wide smile streching across my face while I continued to watch Y/n.

"Sounds like you love her."

Do I love Y/n? I think I do. Should I tell her? What the hell am I thinking? We haven't even been on a date yet. I can't tell her I love her. But what if she loves me back? No she doesn't. But what if she does? I should kiss her. No I shouldn't. Maybe I should. Shut up, brain!

"Peter!" Ned raised his voice slightly, trying to get my attention.

"Huh? What?" I asked, directing my gaze from Y/n to Ned.

"I've been calling your name for the past minute and a half."

"What were you saying? Sorry I got distracted."

"I said that it sounds like you love her." He said a little too loudly.

I shushed him loudly and pulled him into the hallway, earning confused looks from Y/n and MJ as I smiled at them awkwardly and closed the door to Y/n's room.

"What was that for?" Ned asked.

"You can't just going around saying that loudly right in front of her." I whisper yelled.

"Saying what?"

"That I love Y/n."

"I never said that you love her. I said it sounds like you do, and you just confirmed my suspicions." He grinned.

"Shit." I muttered.

"Peter loves Y/n! Peter loves Y/n!" He  like a four year old child.

"Cut it out, Ned."

"Peter loves Y/n! Peter lo-"

"I said cut it out! She's gonna hear you." I whisper yelled, placing my hand over is mouth to shut him up.

"Pmemer moms myan! Pmemer moms myan!" He continued to chant, his voice being muffled by my hand.

MJ opened the door to Y/n's room and walked out, shutting the door behind her. Seeing as I was distracted, Ned took this as an opportunity to lick my hand. I snapped my hand back and gave him a look of disgust before turning it into a bitch face and wiping my now wet hand on his shirt. 

"You losers going to keep making out or you gonna come back in here and see what Y/n drew on her cast?" MJ asked.

"We weren't making out." I defended.

"And we aren't losers." Ned spoke.

"Yes you are. If you weren't making out then why did you drag him out of the room and into the hallway and close the door behind you? And why did I just see you move apart when I came out here?" MJ inquired.

"Peter loves Y/n!" Ned blurted.

"NED!" I exclaimed, my eyes going wide as I snapped my gaze towards him.

"I know." MJ responded.

"Wait. What?" I asked, quickly turning my head back to face MJ.

"I mean it's pretty obvious. I don't know how, but somehow she doesn't realize it."

"It's not that obvious, right Ned?" I looked to him for reassurance

"It kinda is." He replied.

"You literally follow her around like a lost puppy." MJ added. "You blush everytime she smiles at you or your hands accidentally touch. Everytime you see her, you look like you came out of some sappy Disney film and frankly I don't know I don't know how she doesn't see it."

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, trying to think of what to say.

"I suggest we go back into the room before her stubborn ass gets out of bed and comes out here herself." MJ suggested.

Ned and I nodded as MJ opened the door and walked in. Ned and I followed closely behind. Y/n was still sitting on the hospital bed and blacking out a part of what she was drawing on her cast.

"Can we see it yet?" I asked.

"One second." She spoke.

She finished filling in the white space and placed the cap back on the Sharpie before handing it back to Ned.

"Okay, you can look now." She informed.

I walked over and sat next to her on the edge of the bed, looking over the newly designed cast stretching from her foot to her mid thigh. Ned and MJ stood on the other side of the bed while they also checked it out.

Y/n had drawn very detailed skulls and roses with vines all over her cast. All of the skulls were different sizes, as were the roses. Every skull had a total of 2-5 roses placed around the base and/or top of them. The vines, which had thorns, wrapped and weaved around the skulls and roses, making the drawing look more three dimensional than it would with just the skulls and roses.

"That looks sick!" I exclaimed.

She laughed and I could have swore I saw a small blush make its way onto her cheeks and face as did a smile.

"I agree." Ned and MJ said in unison.

We all talked for another hour or two until Ned and MJ had to leave. We said goodbye and Y/n and I continued to joke around with each other. Y/n laughed at something I said but quickly stopped, wincing in pain and clutching the side of her stomach where her stitches were.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She responded, putting on a fake smile in which I saw directly through.

I waited a second again, deciding to take her word for it. After about a minute of waiting, I started to relax again. However, just as I felt as though everything was truly okay, Y/n clutched her stomach again and let out a whine. Her face contorted and she rolled onto her side, gripping her stomach tighter as tears started to fall down her face.

I quickly got up and ran out of the room.

"Hey, can we get a doctor in here?! I need a doctor!" I yelled from the doorway.

I hurriedly ran back over to Y/n's bedside as monitors started to rapidly beep and doctors started to rush into the room.