"Hey!," he moved swiftly after being hit with your elbow, he sat on the railing of the balcony and looked down at you , "I thought I'd try something new, but seeing how you reacted I'll take it you don't "pre-fur" to be called mademoiselle."

You rolled your eyes at his use of yet another cat pun, where did he find the time to use them in his sentences regularly?

"I don't, I'd rather you just call me [Y/N], Chat." you said with a slight hum, turning to face the sky again.

"Aww are you sure? How about Madame? It has a nice ring to it!" he grinned.

You tensed hearing that name. Only one person had called you that before and you were trying so hard to forget about them right now.

"N-no.. no thank you,, just call me [Y/N].." you mumbled softly, the breeze nipping at your bare skin.

Chat sighed softly before sliding down to stand next to you, placing his arms on the railing and leaning over to observe the sky as you were doing.

"I see..

why does love hurt so much?.." you knew it was a rhetorical question, but you just couldn't help but find yourself responding.

"To be honest, I don't think I've been doing it right.. maybe I've been the one making all the mistakes that's been causing myself and everyone else to be hurt." you sighed.

"It's like everything is perfect whenever we're together and it's just the two of us. I think there's something holding her back though, or maybe it's just me being too forward and scaring her away." he answered himself as if he had known the answer to his own question before he even asked it.

"Is it ladybug?" you asked, turning to look at him by your side. The breeze made his blonde hair flow ever so slightly and the moon reflected off his eyes, making them shine like never before.

"Yeah.. but I'm not going to give up. You can't give up on love, that's just now how it works. If you love something then you'll go after it, no matter what the obstacle is. " he spoke with confidence, the tone of his voice made you know that he was serious and meant every word that he was saying.

"Maybe if you love something so much, you can let it go and be happy knowing that you're out of the picture and not causing harm to anyone anymore." you contradicted his statement with your own and it was as if his expression dropped.

"Just because you love something doesn't mean you should let it go, it's knowing when to let go that makes the difference. If you love something and you're just scared you'll mess things up and you let go, you're just running away you aren't letting anything go." the tone in his voice changed and it was as if he sounded upset to a certain extent.

"I know that I'm letting him go for a good reason, I've caused enough harm for something that I didn't even do. Why would I stay when he doesn't want me anymore?!" you were starting to get frustrated too, even more so you didn't understand why Adrien was arguing with you about such a thing. He knew what you had gone through, and he knew that your situations were completely different. So why was he so persistent in arguing with you?

"Because '[Y/N], if you love him you have to be willing to take that chance and make things right. Whatever happened between you two can be talked through, I know it can." He seemed optimistic but you just weren't having it. He didn't even know what happened and he had the nerve to say that things could be fixed?

"No they can't Adrien." you stated firmly.

"Yes they can [Y/N] you have to atleast try! You'll never know if you don't try!" His eyes gleamed brightly with the moon's reflection as he turned to grab your hands with his own. The claws of his costume barely touching your skin.

"No they CANT!" you broke, yelling at him as you finally turned to face him.

"[Y/N].." he whispered softly as his bright green eyes met yours, for the first time he could see the hurt and pain in your eyes.

You looked so fragile to him, he had never seen you like this. It was as if the life had been drained from you and the breeze itself could be enough to break you if it blew hard enough. Your eyes were glossy as if you were going to cry any second now.

Nevertheless you looked the same to him, you were still the same [Y/N] he had known since day one, the same [Y/N] who he shared laughs with, the same [Y/N] who he loved and was afraid to let go ever since he realized that soon you would leave and he would be alone again.

He was afraid to admit that your situations were similar. That he too loved someone and knew he had to let them go but couldn't. He loved you dearly and dreaded the thought of you leaving him alone once you returned home. You made his house seem like home to him, and he wasn't ready to let you go even though he loved you. He wanted to try, to try to be able to let you go, but he knew his words to you earlier were contradicting his own feelings. He couldn't let you go, you were the only family he had left.

The two of you stared into each other's eyes for what had seemed like minutes, the breeze and the moon working in unison.

"Plagg.. Claws in."

He transformed before your very eyes and soon you were met with the boy you were more familiar with, Adrien Agreste.

You wanted to take his advice, but you knew that Luka was so convinced that you had wronged him, that he wasn't willing to listen to anything you had to say.

The guilt was eating at you, you knew that you had done nothing wrong, but why did his feelings make things feel more convincing, that maybe you had actually wronged him and that you were the one to blame for anything that happened. Maybe he was right.. why would he lie about seeing such a thing?

You sighed as the feeling of guilt consumed you. You looked up to meet Adrien's soft gaze towards you and you felt completely guilty. You weren't sure of what happened next, maybe the thought of you actually doing something wrong to cause Luka pain had overcome whatever you were feeling in the moment.

Whatever the case was, you weren't sure why you said what you said next..

"Adrien.. will you kiss me?"

♡♡♡

A/N: H-Hey 🫣 don't hate me but I kinda forgot about this book..