Filling in the Lines

*CAMERONS POV*

I saw Rachel storming out, crying. I didn't mean to kiss that girl. It just, happened. I was thinking of Rachel the whole time. We didn't do anything, but kiss. I was kind of drunk, I had a couple of drinks. I didn't even feel the sparks, like I did with Rachel. I got home that night and I realized she wasn't in the house.

I started crying because I said I would protect her, but I broke her promise. I feel like breaking something. "Are you happy?" Ally asks, walking into the room. "What?" I snap. "Are you happy hurting Rachel like that!? She really loved you. I'm staying the night with Sydney, along with Rachel." She says. "C-can I go see her?" I say. "No. She only needs the people in her life that make her happy right now." She says, leaving.

I feel so empty inside. I don't have the energy to do anything. Life seemed so messed up without Rachel. I look at the counter and I see a note from Rachel with all the jewelry I gave her... I started to cry, while reading the note.

Dear Cameron,

Here's all the jewelry. My worst nightmare came true tonight. We need a break. A long one. I couldn't comprehend that out of everyone, it was you that did it. Are you happy? You broke me. My heart is shattered now. I will always love you. No matter what. But don't come for me. Life is to hard right now. I need a break. I'm giving this jewelry back, because you should give it to someone who makes you feel special, like you made me feel. Obviously, I wasn't good enough. I have a question. Why did you do it? Was I not good enough for you? Have a good life, Cameron.

Rachel

I was crying so much. I kept on reading that note over and over again. I loved Rachel so much. Why did I do it? I felt weak. Crying won't do anything. I called and texted Rachel over and over again. She read my messages but didn't reply. Gosh, I messed up. Bad. I cried myself to sleep. Thinking, why? The love of my life just slipped out of my fingers like butter. I'm gonna have to fight for her. Till I die.

*RACHELS POV*

I cried so much. I cried literally so much, to where I couldn't cry anymore. "Why did he do it?" Sydney asks. "I obviously wasn't good enough." I say, sobbing. "I have an extra bedroom." Sydney says. I smile. I'm drowning in my own thoughts. I read Cameron's text messages over and over again....

I love you, I didn't mean it. Please, please come home. I need you. 😭

I'm so sorry! You are my everything. Please answer me. Please.

I screwed up, I get that. Please, please give me another chance. I love you. ❤️

Ok, you are not responding. Goodnight, I love you. My queen. I don't want you to go to bed crying, like me. I love you, so much. None of this was supposed to happen.

I resumed back to real life. Cameron kept on calling, so I answered.

( Phone Call )

R: what do you want, Cameron?

C: I want you. I want you to come home.

R: that's not gonna happen. Why are you crying? You broke me. Remember? You should be happy with that sloot ( I don't cuss, sorry ) you were kissing.

C: It was the dumbest mistake of my life. I don't want her, I want you. Please. Please come home. I love you.

R: No. Bye Cameron.

( End of Phone Call )

"Can I take a shower?" I ask Sydney. She nods and goes to turn it on. "Rachel, I'm so sorry." Ally says. "It's ok. I'm sorry for trusting him." I say, crying once again. She sighs. I hop into the shower, because I am no longer crying alone. Thoughts stream through me like a canal on a river.