16

Luo Fei was sitting on a park bench, typing fast on his phone. The second time in a row, he had a dream that was so vivid, he remembered every detail after waking up. He was trying to note it all down for later. Someone patted him on the back, making him look up.

"Hey, I heard that you've been spacing out all day." Jiang Xin Bai sat right next to the boy. "What's up?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing much. I've been dreaming recently at night..."

"Oh yeah?" Xin Bai leaned in closer, his hand moving behind Luo, sending dark energy his way. "Can you tell me about it?"

"Yeah..." Luo put away his phone and blinked at his friend. "It's weird, though. And don't take it personally, but..."

"What?" The silver-haired boy leaned in, excited.

"Well, yesterday it was all about fighting Yezun. It was in an old place like a dungeon or a crypt. But tonight's dream was just drinking with him. Weird. And to make it even more freaky, he kinda had your face. Just a bit older."

"I don't see what's so weird about it. Your brain is completely messed up. We agreed on that a long time ago."

"Hillarious. So, what do you think it means?"

"Well... Xin Bai licked his lips. This was his chance to lead that idiot on the correct course. "Remember when we talked about past lives? Maybe..."

"Maybe I should stop writing fanfics about the S.I.D.?" Luo scratched his chin and stared at the phone display.

"You what?" the silver-haired boy blinked rapidly.

"Yeah, I write those little action scenes whenever something pops into my head. I guess I should cut on that."

"Can I read them?"

Luo blinked, surprised. Um, yeah, I guess. They are online on this website. My username is Oldbrotherzhao."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I even have one follower. Look!" Luo showed his feed. A message from half a year back informed that Tunalover01 was following him. "Hey, where's your brother?"

"He went to the history teacher to sign up for an extra assignment."

"Oh no, not that!" Luo raised his head in time to see cheerful Feng walking out of the school premises. The smiling boy spotted the duo on the bench and immediately approached. His smile wavered, seeing a condemning frown on Luo's face.

"What's wrong?" Feng fixed his glasses nervously.

"Funny you should ask," the teenager barked through gritted teeth. "You signed me up, didn't you?"

"Um..."

"You do realise that we are in Maths profile, right? That I don't want to do more than absolutely necessary if it comes to history?"

"But it's half of our grade for this semester. And I'm sure that you'll like it. That's why I signed us up." Feng sat on the other side of Luo and looked hopefully into his eyes. Luo Fei sighed, knowing perfectly well he had already lost to Bambi's eyes he was exposed to.

"What's the topic?" He asked, sighing.

"The Great War?" Jiang Feng's voice was hopeful. He watched as a frown disappeared from Luo's face.

"Well, I guess if that's what you chose, then I cannot disagree."

"You can come over during the weekend and prepare it together," Xin Bai patted Fei on the shoulder and got up. "Ready to go home, Gege?"