Familiars and Witchcraft

Start from the beginning

A fae had appeared, in it's usual spot, being the faerie ring strangely not too far from a stream yet hidden by the leaves of the trees.

The fae was about to ask the child for their name, however Tommy managed to interfere.

"Hello there." He smiled, ignoring the annoyance of the fae's presence, "What are you doing out here?"

The blind child turned towards his direction, forgetting the fae's request.

"I was forced out here by the village. They called me a 'sacrifice'." They stuttered.

Tommy hummed, looking towards the fae.

It clearly was annoyed by his presence, and how he prevented from the child giving the fae their name.

"Why don't you come with me? I can shelter you." His eyes still narrowed, turning towards the child.

The child seemed to brighten at that.

"Really? You won't mind?"

He chuckled.

"Of course. It's horrid how people would drive someone as innocent as you."

The child dimmed at his last sentence.

"But I'm not innocent. They said I made my mom ill, said I was cursed."

Tommy's heart shattered.

How could they just point hands at someone as young as this kid?

They didn't even know what cursed even meant, but they knew it wasn't good.

"Nonsense. Come with me." He said, taking the child's hand and allowing her to follow towards his cottage.

He turned towards the fae, who clearly was angered.

He successfully evaded the chance of another missing child.

He sighed, opening the door of his cottage.

"What's your name?" He looked towards the child.

The child hummed.

"Clementine. Clementine Foralles."

He'd have another mouth to feed, but that's fine.

For the sake of the child to have a childhood and finally be young, he would sacrifice anything.

That was when he was 15, however.

And here he was 17.

He acted much older for his age, despite his tall height.

He was forced to grow up too young.

He didn't want anyone to go through that again.

꧁꧂

It was morning, and Tommy had just woken up.

Clementine was most likely sleeping in the other bedroom nextdoors.

Upon stretching and sitting up, he heard a soft chitter.

On his legs was his familiar, Shroud.

"Morning Shroud." He grinned, petting the familiar.

Shroud was an albino raccoon, and he had immediately bonded with him the moment he had first summoned his familiar.

Familiars can be gained by channeling your feelings and personality into the core of a pentagram, engraved with specific markings and such.

The pentagram would have to be carved into the floor, and cannot be removed, as a permanent reminder that you are not alone, and you have a familiar.

Tommy, however, still felt alone despite the company of both Clementine and Shroud.