To the best friend.

Hey best friend,

Should I call you best friend or add an 'ex' before the said label? Nah, I won't. It's because you still hold a lot of space in my heart. Ex is used for those who leave us and we actually don't really feel a bond with them. The case is severely different from yours. There were certainly some misunderstandings between us. Maybe if we saw into the intentions of the acts, it wouldn't have been seen as so bad. Trust me, I never meant you any harm. Neither I had meant anything bad for you. I was scared that you will end up like me. Broken.

My way was bad. Worst, I must type out. It isn't a way to console a person who's already questioning their position in a relationship. See, it took me so much time to realise. Maybe this is what you had wanted and needed. My understanding and support. Not criticism and despair.

Or not at all. Sometimes, we need to filter people out to let new ones saunter in our lives. But I remember I had stumbled across yours. Sorry, I took so much time to gather my things up and get away from there. If I actually had, we would have never known each other nor we would have been the victims of cruel words stabbed into us forever.

Cutting ties was never easy with you. It still isn't. And I am not ashamed to say, 'I miss you.'

Your sorry soulmate,

Sam.