Prologue 1: Never looking Back

[Red Room
September 16, 11:00 pm
Two years ago]

Natasha POV

Today was a test for my next stage of training I was on the other side of the room, ready myself.

I wore a white muscle shirt. Bandages wrapped around my hands and arms with black pants and black combat boots.

I heard the door open, turning my head to the left I see madden b and an old man who looks to be in his late thirties and maybe 6'1 or 6'3 tall will build practically all muscle.

Compared to me a 5'1 child who is only 9 years old.

The older guy went to the opposite side of me, Madden b walking in the middle of the training room.

Turning to face me "Natalie Romanova today, the test will be your last as you will be going on the next stage of training. You have come far, few would be grateful to be where you are".

I look at her in the eyes with no emotions "Thank you Madden B".

She walked a few feet away from the training mat and turned to face us.

I look to my opponent he shows no emotion which leads to two things. He already found a way to take me down or underestimate me which is sad.

I already found 5 ways to kill him. Getting to my frightened stance waiting for Madden B's command to start.

My opponent got to his stance it felt like hours, but everything felt like time stopped the only thing I heard was my breathing. I know my nerves are trying to get to me, but I have to stay alive.

"Begin" with those words we circled around each other waiting for one of us to strike, he went with a left hook punch to my side.

I block just in time to kick him in the right side of his ribs he grunts and tries to knee me in the stomach, but I did a backflip to avoid it.

I had to leg sweep kick him. But he managed to jump on time and kick me in the chest I stumbled back having the air literally kicked out of me.

while he got the upper hand and punched me across the face I can tell my lip busted open.

The fight went on for another hour, I tried to wrap my legs around his neck to flip him. But I let him drag me down to put me in the headlock which I could have easily gotten out of.

Because 'I don't wanna be an empty shell they could control'.

Pretending to struggle for a while until Madden B clapped her hands to signal the guy to stop he let go of me, and I gasped for air.

Madden B turned to me disappointed and a bit of anger written all over her face "Sloppy" I turned to her showing no emotions except I was cringing on the inside, she knew I could have taken him down.

"We will resume this tomorrow and I expect you to give it your all" she gives me a hard glare that would probably shake you to your core, but to me it's like any other, "Now go shower, another Madden we'll be in the rooms shortly to put the cuffs on".

With one last look at her, I gave her a nod, and exiting the room I let out a sight relief, leaning against the door I heard a noise to my right a door that was probably three times my size.

I saw two people going in with cargo crates my guess is new weapons and suits, they do this once a year, then a thought went in my mind of me leaving it sounds like a dream I look down debating if I should do it or not.

I look at the sun picking through the door, the sun looks like it's about to go down which means it going to be the blue hour.

I read about it, the book said it was the most beautiful thing as well as the golden hour.

My lips twitched a bit to a small smile "ok" I look at a clock in front of me I have at least 30min to get this right.

Heading to the showers not wasting time I open the sliding door in the entry there are little cubbies on each side of the wall.

Walking a bit in I saw a dark green sleeveless hoodie ignoring it.

I go in and turn on the water for the distraction, about to leave, I look back at hoodie and grad it walking down the hallway while putting it on to make sure the security cameras don't recognize me.

As I got closer to the storage room where the Cargo crates are going I stopped a bit.

Hearing the two people I saw from earlier, I Hed behind the corner listening in their conversation.

"Three more boxes and were out, you got it?", guy one said "Yeah yeah no need to repeat" guy two replied annoyed by guy one.

"And make sure to get the old creates, they almost killed me and the other guy just because we didn't pick up the old crates".

"Yes well, I don't expect anything from assassins and murder's" guy two replied.

They left to get the rest of the crates, I went into the storage room already spotting a lot of things that I will be taking with me.

I grabbed an old bag that luckily didn't have any hole in it, and grabbed two pairs of gauntlets that had enough widows bite and a suit that I can adjust to my size.

I put all that in the bag And got into I walked up to the empty crate and got into it, waiting and waiting.

Until I heard the door open, I hold my breath thinking if I breathe I'm done for.

Right now all I heard was mumbling until I felt my crate being lifted and moving.

It went on for a couple of seconds until it stops and they drop the crate that I'm in which hurts a lot.

I got into a better position look through a hole in the crate.

And in fact, I'm on a boat but on the outside, I tried to look around for a name.

Something to tell me where I'm going.

And that when I saw it all in bold letters "Gotham City.." was all I said in a murmur.