Side Story 6- A Possibility For Rosalyn

I'm ArchMage Rosalyn. I had fought alongside Young Master Cale Henituse and his group. And after the battles had ended I started researching more and more into magic. After all I was aiming to be the Liege of the Mage Tower.

[Human! Are you sleeping well like in the stories?] ( Raon)

[We also slept well! ] (Hong)

I had come to the Stone Villa to take a quick break and to my surprise Cale, Mary, Hong, And Raon along with Ron were here. Cale had been sleeping on Mary's lap but after being disturbed by the kids chatters he woke up and grumbled.

[who is letting you read that damn story?] (Cale)

Since he lifted his head so suddenly Mary's hand flinched slightly. She seemed a little disappointed. The kids were chattering excitedly while Ron presented him a tea.

[why aren't you coming in?] ( Cale)

He asked to me. I didn't have an answer to that question.

[..I remember something so I'll..]

I uttered with a voice that would barely count as a whisper.

[then I'll come with you too. I need some fresh air. ] (Cale)

He said so after he gave the tea back to Ron after one sip.

[ah. Prepare something to eat for the kids. They are growing kids, they must be hungry.] (Cale)

After he said that to Ron, he walked towards me and I started the teleportation.

[the Jungle villa huh.. Good choice.] (Cale)

I had teleported us to the Villa he owned in the Jungle. He sat down and gazed upon the sea for a while. I did the same too.

[is anything troubling you?] ( Cale)

Amidst the crashing waves his voice was clear.

[..is something troubling me? ]

I asked myself..but I couldn't get the answer.

[then tell me what made you confused? ] (Cale)

He laid down on the sandy beach as he asked me.

[...my magic research is going well..and I'm close to achieving my dream..everyday I'm making some kind of progress..]

I rambled about my progress in magic research.

[..to take a small break from the research I did everyday..I went to the Stone Villa and to my surprise I found you all..it was as cozy as ever.,but..I started to feel murky..next thing I know I wanted to go away..]

I'm glad he is laying down and not seeing my face. I'm sure I looked ridiculous rambling away about things that didn't make sense.

[..I also had felt something like that in the past..] (Cale)

I turned around and he had his eyes closed as if he was reminiscing something.

[there were times when I didn't want to disappoint the people around me. I put as much effort as I could and at the end of the day I didn't disappoint anyone..nor did I feel fulfilled. Compared to the useless chatters they had with smiles and laughs my logical effort of trying not to disappoint them was holding me back in joining them.] (Cale)

[but what I was doing wasn't outright wrong. It was the people around me that made me realize that I was desperately trying to do just that. And that was making me think I didn't belong there because what I was doing felt superficial. But only after they repeatedly tried to break down my walls with kindness did I realize that I was already there chatting with them about the most mundane things with a smile on my face. ] (Cale)

Disappoint the people around me..indeed..I have been desperately trying my best to make more and more breakthroughs in the magic research..because Cale had believed that I will become the Liege of the Magic tower..I wanted to answer to his expectations. Unlike the others of the group whose meeting with Cale was like fate in work..my meeting with him didn't feel like it was meant to be. So..I thought that the only chance to make it feel like fate was to answer to his firm belief in me. But..

I felt like I had it all figured out and not at the same time.

[It will take time to fully realize it and What I said will only make you feel more confused but it should also made you think that there's a possibility.] ( Cale)

[possibility?]

[yeah] (Cale)

He sat up and our eyes met.

[possibility that maybe I already belong here. The possibility that maybe I don't need to try too hard. ] (Cale)

[..already belong..]

[thats right] ( Cale)

He stood up and brushed off the sand from his clothes.

[Let's return,Rosalyn. Everyone must be waiting.] (Cale)

He offered his hand which i took without any delay. I didn't hesitate.

[yes. Let's return, Cale]

I didn't hesitate because there's a possibility that I already belong here.

[the kids are so noisy whenever you or Mary come home. ] (Cale)

A possibility that this is already my home.

[isn't that because Cale is just too lazy and barely steps out of the territory? They must feel bored since there's nothing new to share.]

[ugh..then..you just need to visit more often...I despise the idea of traveling the world like the kids want to..] (Cale)

A possibility that his hands holding mine is not just a calculated response.

[I do have a few places in mind that the kids would love to visit..maybe I should tell them?]

[Have some mercy, Miss ArchMage.] (Cale)

[hehe. now should I? Young Master Shield Hero?]

A possibility that I'm already smiling and laughing with him.