Chapter 11 - Questioning Motivation

~I already had this discussion with Itsuka-chan and Momo-chan, him being here is good for him and I really think it will help him change his ways for the better, so don't go reporting his and my past to the teachers, unless he goes back to bullying people. He's just brash, not a villain.~

As a white-furred paw presses a button to turn off the microphone, the other raises up a cup of tea. "Hmm, while I tend to not condone bullying, what Mr. Midoriya said is very intriguing." As he swivels his plush leather chair and hops down onto the floor of his office. "I wonder how much the other teachers know?" The mouse-bear pondered. "And I thought just changing the curriculum would be the biggest surprise." He chuckled to himself, "That shows me for underestimating the current generation. No this is just the beginning."

The next morning as the students began to file in to their homeroom, they knew what today was, it was the first day for Utility training. Most of them were confused and excited to see what that meant, many of them formed little discussion groups to speculate on what that could possibly be. The students who were admitted from that course explained that they had to demonstrate how versatile their quirk could be or that it could be used in a way beyond combat or rescue that could be deemed heroic. Which when Momo started to pull various objects from using her quirk, such as bandages, radio and other useful items, it made sense, not every hero is going to be like All Might or Recovery Girl. This lead to them trying to come up with ideas of how to use their quirk in a different way than they had.

However, some of the students had taken notice of the current top performer in their class, who demonstrated incredible versatility, clever thinking and understanding of quirks. Izuku soon found himself surrounded by classmates who wanted his advice, so they could do well in today's lesson.

After trying to understand their chatter for help, each talking to him at the same time, he had to get them to calm down somehow. It was done for him when Kirishima smashed his hardened arms together making a loud noise getting everyone's attention.

"Dudes, there is no point in crowding the little man," Kirishima placed himself in between his classmates. At this point Tokoyami inserted himself into the discussion.

"Yes, let us politely and calmly ask him for assistance," The bird boy said in a shaming tone. It's not every day that the student's get a schooling, in school, by another student. A few mumbled apologies let Tokoyami know to continue. "Midoriya-san would you please be able to help those of us prepare for our upcoming afternoon class."

Izuku had never had so many people come to him for advice, well anyone really, so he was excited to put some of his observations to the test. "I can't be sure everything I suggest will work or be effective I'll try to make sure it's at least explained well." He turned and grabbed his backpack and started pulling out his text books, his notebooks and a dark, thick leather-bound tome. Tokoyami quirked an eyebrow at the last book, however he knew to wait as Izuku was going over some of his ideas with his classmates.

Everything was nice and calm in the classroom and as Izuku was discussing way for Kaminari to handle the backlash of his power, possibly something to help him recharge quickly or to resist the amount of strain on his body. No one noticed the door open or who walked in until.

"THE BOOK" came a primal growl. Everyone tensed and turned to their classmate who entered the room. Izuku know what was going to happen next and reacted quickly as Bakugo flung himself across the room at his target. Izuku quickly dropped the book into his desk and pulled out his wand to levitate the desk to ceiling, however Bakugo was faster.

"Not this time, nerd." Bakugo pulled a coin out of his pocket and flicked it at the wand; a small, controlled explosion accelerated the coin it with his quirk, was enough to cut straight through the cheap plastic. This put a damper on his trick as the desk just floated at eye level now, Izuku instead dodged out of the way of the rocket man named Bakugo, who knew the book wasn't in the desk. As they say, "Nothing up my sleeve", but he knew, there was something up his sleeve and Bakugo wanted it.