Should he go? Was it really worthy risking himself to visit a completely unfamiliar place and to meet a group of completely strangers just in an attempt to grasp that barely faint opportunity meeting with Wu Dahu?

Those barbarians didn’t seem to believe that Song Qinghan would really follow, they just made a causal response and then turned to pack up everything, seemingly they were about to head back.

Seeing their figures getting smaller and smaller in sight, Song Qinghan took a quick glance around the battlefield with his nerve strained. His mind lost in a suffocating disappointment as he failed to find any traces of Wu Dahu on the spacious ground. So he turned and shouted, “I will go with you guys!”

His words caused the barbarians to pause in their tracks and turn their heads to look at him in surprise, and then one of them came to ask suspiciously, “Are you sure? Do you really want to go back to our camp with us?”

After Song Qinghan got himself onto the horse, he vaguely heard shouts behind him and knew that the guards of the Qingmu Army were catching up, his eyes sank as he swung the reins and leapt forward, saying in a deep voice, “Of course!”

Well, life was in fact a round of gamble. Happiness came along with it if he won the game, if he lost it, it was no more than a choice in life and accepting it in peace would be the best attitude facing the debacle. Old play would never be put on as new anyway.

Besides, he still had one of his greatest assets, and that was the scalpel in his hand.

Medical resources were scarce wherever and whatever the time of year, and he was confident that he could defend himself in the barbarian camp, if only they would give him a chance.

With this in mind, his eyes grew more determined as he swung the reins regardless and left the barbarians behind in the blink of an eye.

Seeing that, those barbarians exchanged their glances and, seemingly, all of them detected the astonishment in each other’s eyes.

If they didn’t know very well that their heads were not burnt, they would have thought that they were going in the wrong direction, how could a Qingmu man be more eager than them to return to the barbarians’ base camp?

The guards who chased Song Qinghan in behind finally reached the place where Song Qinghan stayed just then. Nothing but the silence of desolation awaited them there, and they suddenly got irritated.

If Song Qinghan chose to be a deserter and run in the direction of Qingmu Army Camp, perhaps they would have let it go halfway through the chase, and at most they would have lamented a little, not being so angry.

But Song Qinghan had run away with the barbarians right under their noses, so they could not help but be angry. After all, such an act definitely bore no difference against a behavior of treason, worse, it was kind of a defiant action as for them because they were just defeated in the last combat with the moral of the troops sinking lower.

Of course Song Qinghan did know the fact that the people from the Qingmu side would definitely condemn him by that, but he knew that everything was completely beyond his own will. In addition, finding Wu Dahu should be prioritized when it compared to the incurring the wrath of the chasing men.

He had no particularly deep hostility towards the barbarians in his perception, nor would he be like the ancient type of foolishly loyal people who would kill themselves as soon as they were captured by an enemy country in order to be worthy of their own country.

The saying ‘Where there is a life there is a hope’ was always the truth no matter what time it was, ancient or modern. No one was able to predict the future and should be so pessimistic before things finally happened. Well, on the bright side viewing this matter, it was still possible for him to dismantle the enemy’s empire by disintegrating their inward structure. At that time no one would dared to throw mud at him claiming him as a traitor.

As his mind was going wilder and wilder, the maroon horse had already run into the distance, and gradually, the base camp of the barbarians slowly emerged in the sight of his.

Compared to the camp of the Qingmu, the barbarians’ camp was much more rugged and the colours were more gaudy, revealing exaggeration from top to bottom.

Song Qing Han knew that this was a result of their habits. As Qingmu residents lived a privileged life without any major natural or man-made disasters, their character was naturally more restrained and their decorations tended to be plain and practical, but the Barbarians were quite more different.

On the contrary, the barbarians lived in a place full of degradation, disturbance, chaos and mess, while they suffered so many loss when they combated against the other regions. In that case, their personality tended to be more bold and unconstrained, and loved to bluff.

When he was about to approach the gate, Song Qinghan finally pulled the reins of the horse, turned over and got off, and quietly waited for the group of barbarians from the battlefield to catch up.

In fact, he could explain himself to the people at the gate, but the pain in his belly was now throbbing even harder, and although his face remained calm, his palms hidden in his sleeves were secretly clenched into fists as a way to restrain his physical discomfort.