211

Fortunately, Su San was smarter than he imagined. He did not completely cut off his contact with Song Qinghan just because of that man’s words.

However, when Song Qinghan saw Su Yan, the night had already fallen.

Su San looked older than he was in the daytime by more than ten years, and the unnatural discomfort of his right leg became more obvious. However, he looked calm on the look. After e finally found Song Qinghan’s figure in the camp, he rubbed his index finger anxiously and said, “Doc, doctor, my leg… Do you have any treatment for that?”

In fact, he also knew that he was a little bit unkind in behaving. After all, he treated Song Qinghan in such an impolite way like in the afternoon, and now he came to ask for help. But if it wasn’t for the last sentence that Song Qinghan left to him, he might not have come here for bothering again. Yet with that promise, it seemed that there was another hope lit up again in his heart…

If he was able to get his right leg recovered, he wouldn’t have to be frightened anymore while gaining more and more confidence for himself when facing the team leader.

Song Qinghan did not make things difficult for him. After all, he wasn’t the one who needed to blame to. It was all because of the so-called leader who attempted to make a fuss around. Even if Susan wasn’t there, he would still have been troubled by such an annoying guy. So with that thinking, he answered directly, “I do! Where do you live? I will go there with you!”

Susan hesitated for a moment and responded hesitantly, “I live in the …… stable.”

Song Qinghan was stunned. He then came to ask with a confused expression, “Aren’t all the logistics people living in our own camps? Why are you staying in the stables?”

Hearing that, Susan smiled bitterly and shook his head. “it’s a long story, but in short, do you want to follow me there, or not?”

Song Qinghan nodded and went back to the camp to pack up all his tools. He delivered Little Shitou to Ahong. Then he followed Su San to his current ‘shelter’.

No matter how magnificent the stable looked like, it was still a bad idea for people to live. But luckily, the current temperature outside wasn’t that cold. Otherwise, this place would be much more like a ‘bloody hell’ for Susan.

Su San was ordered by Song Qinghan to lay down on the grass and roll his trouser leg up to reveal the thorn that had already turned black.

After Song Qinghan used alcohol to disinfect his own hands, he pressed down hard on Susan’s wound. Seeing Su San’s painful expression, he then came to utter calmly, “That kind of a fierce kick broke your bones and the blood stabbed your blood vessels. In addition to the fact that you used your injured leg in the later stages, that’s why the wound came to fester as you can see currently. You might have your leg cut if you force yourself to work harder.”

Hearing that, Susan couldn’t help but sweat like taking a shower. With a further consideration on the possible consequence, a fear after the event possessed him from head to toe.

He didn’t have to doubt Song Qinghan’s words because there was no benefit for Song Qinghan to lie to him. What could he do with a good-for-nothing logistic team member who didn’t even have any precious value? Several pieces of coins might be his limit which he was capable of taking out.

Thinking of this, he decided to make it clear in advance to avoid being misunderstood by Song Qinghan.

“Doctor, about the remuneration… I…”

Song Qinghan raised his hand and made a gesture to stop Susan talking. He then answered calmly, “I don’t need any remuneration at all, all I want is that you can do me a big favor if possible, but this is not mandatory. If you don’t want to help me out with that, just say it and I won’t force you to do that. I am not that kind of person who loves to force. So in order to ease your mind, let’s start with handling your leg first.”