Last Chapter - Y/N POV

I will find you
I swear I will.

~

"Jump out the window!"

"What about you?"

"I'll be right behind you. Go to that tall tree in the forest. I'll buy you some time."

I acted as another ferocious knock hit the door. Hanji gave me a weak smile as I turned back to see her before jumping down two stories.

I landed on a big stack of Hay and ignored the pain that struck on my ankle.

A heard a loud slam from the window I came out from and Hanji being backed in front of the window, her eyes caught onto mine for a second before they  returned back.

I ran.
As fast as I could.

I wouldn't allow it to end here. I only just found my reason of life, I cant leave it altogether now.

I climbed over the fence and I heard a shout again. This time they found me.

"Catch them!"

I didn't dare look back, my mind overflowing on how things would turn out in the end.

I knew the cadets chasing me were from the Capitol, the others I've lived with these past several months would never be able to pin me down to this sacrificial shit show. However tough, they were weak at heart. It was the only thing keeping them human.

As I approached the forest, I looked for the emergancy hole that was carved into a specific tree. It was Hanji's idea. That If we were ever attacked, she would take the chances of leaving a spare gear for someone to use. Hoping it would give them a chance of survival.

I sprinted around each tree, time being another one of my enemies.

I found the tree and sighed in relief. I reached my hand in the damp hole, and  it came out covered in spiderwebs.

I slipped on the gear, tightening the grips.

The sound of horse shoes were getting louder by the second. As they entered the entrance of the forest I took off onto the trees.

I heard a shout behind me and I saw someone fly up to me with their gear.

Hanji!

I stopped at a trunk and she did the same, immediately coming to embrace me. She kissed my cheeks and when she pulled away I could see she was close to tears.

"I'm so happy...but it's to soon to relax-"

She was cut off by a gunshot that just skimmed the ends of my hair. Opposite us a woman stood, gun aimed at us.

Almost immediately, Hanji stood in front of me, guarding me like a dog. The woman lowered her gun and closed her eyes, scoffing.

"You should know better than protecting them. Hanji," She pushed on,"You know better than me that we don't get attached to anyone."

"Y/N ISN'T JUST ANYONE. THEY DONT DESERVE THIS. LET ME TAKE THEIR PLACE."

I pulled Hanji back a little, "No, please. Don't."

She ignored me.

"Whilst we are talking right now the rest of the cadets from the Capitol are starting to enter the forest. Time is running out Hanji. Not everyone gets second chances."

Hanji lowered her hands and muttered under her breathe loud enough for me to hear only.

"When I step forwards, Escape from behind the trunk and find somewhere to hide."

🎉 You've finished reading COMPLETED| 𝘐 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘠𝘰𝘶 | 𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦/𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘫𝘪 𝘟 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 🎉