HANGE'S POV (CHRISTMAS PART 2)

I stared down at Levi

He looked up at me.

I feel a tug at my sleeve, as if he was asking for me to stay.

I stared at Levi. He looked me in the eyes, and with much hesitation, let go.

He looked down at his legs and I caught a glimpse of guilt in his eyes.

Im sorry.

I ran into the main hall, scanning the room fom them.

No luck.

I rushed out of the door and up the stairs. I took a quick glance down each corridor and almost ran up to the 3rd floor when I saw a balcony curtain blowing through the door at the end of it.

My feet stopped in place, then dragged me to the end of the corridoor, they suddenly had a mine of their own. I could have sworn I read this kind of scenario in a book once. I pulled the curtains back and saw (Y/N) sitting on the balcony ledge, a daisy in their hand.

They turned around and sulked as they saw my face.

They turned back around and looked back at the daisy. I smirked and went to stand besides them, leaning on the balcony.

"Why did you run away when you saw me and Levi?" I asked. Maybe not the best way to start a conversation but I had to start from somewhere.

They sat there and continued staring blankly and I awaited their response.

"Most of the survey corps knows you and Levi use to date."

I was a bit shocked. We never dated- we were only using eachother for our personal needs. I guess rumors spread fast.

"Wrong- we were fuck buddies once upon a time."

(Y/N) didn't react but instead listened on.

"Thats all in the past now. We were using eachother but now we are no more than friends, and it will stay that way."

"I see.."

I wanted to say more but I held back. What if they didn't understand.

"So.. what was that..back there.."

I sighed. In all honesty, I hadn't known myself.

"Its- Its just hard to let go sometimes. But I truly am over him." That didn't sound very convincing.

I turned to look at (Y/N) and saw them smile a little. I guess they did understand.

I took the flower that they had been holding and neatly placed it in my hair, making sure it was firmly in.

(Y/N) beamed and laughed. I felt a sudden greed, a greed to see my lover laugh and smile a lot more.

"Y'know, I saw Ymir and Historia in the library together on my way here..."