✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♛ 17

"i think i'll skip on dinner tonight." akaashi informed his roomates with an apologetic smile as he trudged towards his room.

"akaashi, you can't go to sleep on only a popsicle." bokuto whined. "you need to eat real food."

akaashi granted him a nod "i'm just..." he opened his room door and his mind stalled for a moment, "...not that hungry. good night."

his roommates frowned as they watched how his head hung low.

"he'll get over it." komi said in hopes to comfort bokuto and the shadow of gloom following him.

tatkashi pulled out his phone- knowing the exact thing that would make bokuto feel better. "i'm ordering chinese."

"oh!" the now excited bokuto sprung up from his sad attitude "can I get extra fortune cookies?"

tatkashi laughed at the sudden change in personality, "no." he lied while putting extra fortune cookies on the order.

"none of you love me." akaashi heard bokuto's muffled voice from the other side of his door.

akaashi slid down the door until his lower back felt the cold floor. his long limbs sprawled across the wooden surface, taking up most of the space in the room.

he stared blankly at the wall opposite of him. it had a window which he wasn't initially looking at, but sooner or later he started to stare at his curtains while wondering about all those people he could see through it.

what was their story? what was their regrets?

it had been eating him alive.

the guilt.

and it savored every bite.

he couldn't feel his fingers after he started to fumble with them. they were absent from his own body.

undoubtedly, for the first time in months, akaashi thought about his mother.

if she had seen him.

if she had actually seen what he had done.

if she were here.

what would she say?

what would she do?

"you're a disgrace, keiji."

he flinched at how vivid and fresh her voice was in his mind even though he hadn't called her since he arrived at fukorodani.

he couldn't feel his rapid breathing.

his hands started to fumble at lightning speed.

as the world around him turned to mush- he pulled his legs to his torso, hands placed on top of his knees and his head hiding in the the middle.

the stance wasn't made for his figure, his long skinny limbs awkwardly fit into place. but it was protection. all he faced was his trembling knees.

not the world.

not the blood.

not the pressure.

just himself. and his uncomfortable but not unbearable thoughts.

akaashi's hands finally departed from eachother. he reached into his gym bag, trying to find his phone.

his fingers scrolled through his contacts- stopping at a specific name.

MOM

a silly way of rebellion, akaashi thought, to put her as "mom" when he'd always called her mother.

with some hesitation he pressed the call icon.

ring....

ring....

ring....

his whole hand now shook violently. teardrops fell on akaashi's phone screen. he strangled his sound to not attract any attention.

the caller is not available right now... please leave a message at the beep.

beep!

"mom..." akaashi sniffed, "...mother...you were right. i'm sorry."

he tried his best to conceal his crying, akaashi's mother hated such behavior.

"i-i know-," akaashi's voice cracked, "i shouldn't have come here."

"i'm sorry mother." he said defeatedly, "i should've stayed with you... i knew you'd be alone but i- well, i don't know. there's no way to justify it. i just wanted to be free. turns out i'm trapped here too. i'm sorry."

akaashi hung up the call and let out a long, shaky sigh. he looked up to the lights on his ceiling, reminding him of the ones in the stadium.

the tears fell but he didn't wipe them
off. he just sat there, slightly hoping that the light would grant him refuge to anywhere away from there. he let his eyes close, head bopping down until his chin met his shoulder.

ring....ring....

akaashi jolted up at the sound of his ringtone. his eyes rapidly blinked before opened them to see his phone. specifically, who called him.

"mother...?" he rubbed his eyes as he answered the call. then his eyes widened.