✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♛ 10

"and here is the school's main statue."

akaashi found the words drowning out of his ears.

it's not as if he really cared about the tour anyway.

he was too mesmerized by her.

hayashi takara was, the least to say, beautiful to akaashi. almost as beautiful as his mother, but they looked completely different.

unlike akaashi's mother, her dark skin shone like brown zircon whenever the escaped sunlight of a window hit her.

and when she smiled at him two little dimples followed the side of her cheeks.

she walked with confidence, something akaashi seemed incapable of doing.

her presence ethereally filled up the room. she occupied the living space of his mind.

akaashi didn't know when this admiration from afar started, or when it would end, but all he knew was that-

she burst out of the stereotypical mold he had always been locked in.

she was...

perfect.

of course, this had always been kept in akaashi's mind.

"akaashi, where would you like to go next?" hayashi smiled sweetly, signaling her head to the fork in the school's hallway.

"yes." akaashi said firmly, trying to make it seem like he was paying attention.

hayashi chuckled "yes?"

"yes? i-i'm sorry, what did you say?" akaashi looked down, fumbling with his hands.

hayashi couldn't help but smile softly at this "it's fine, i'll choose. come on."

akaashi nodded.

-

"welcome to the court," hayashi never seemed to stop smiling.

akaashi looked at the wide space spread out towards him.

the boys in front of them were playing volleyball rather aggressively. on the other side was the girls volleyball team warming up but hayashi mostly kept her eyes on the boy's game.

akaashi saw how her eyes sparkled at the sight.

hayashi started moving towards the bleachers, he followed.

"you ever played?" hayashi sat on bleachers but didn't break her gaze on the game. akaashi sat two feet away from her.

"...yeah, at my last school." akaashi fumbled with his fingers again.

even though he had played the sport for years, it never managed to captivate him. unlike the guys on the court, it meant nothing to him.

"so," hayashi ripped her attention from the game and gave akaashi a bright smile. "can i count on you?"

akaashi's eyes widened "what?"

"can i depend on you if we lose a player?"

"sure," akaashi agreed with little to no thought.

"great." hayashi's dimples rose once again. "our school has some of the best players."

"do you.." akaashi, in the sake of courtesy, started to ask, "play?"

hayashi nodded, "i want to play professionally one day but that might just be a childhood fairytale of mine."

"fairy tales aren't impossible." akaashi stated. akaashi's eyes wandered to the spiker that he swore looked familiar to him, "you just have to make it happen. it all depends on you."

hayashi's eyebrows furrowed, then she started to laugh.

"w-what?" akaashi internally panicked.

"that quote...." she laughed in between her words "...it's from princess and the frog, right?"