"Okay, I gotta go. I'ma call you back when I get home. Love you too. Bye." Gianna ended the call after her and Brandy talked a little bit more. She was now next in line.

Gianna rubbed her her palms down her black jeans before walking up to the table where Miles was sitting. "Hi." She shyly smiled at him. Miles gave her one back and realized who she was.

"Wassup cell phone girl." He smirked as he grabbed another book from the stack. She nervously laughed feeling her anxiety kick in.

"I'm really sorry about that. I was really into the book and I zoned out." She apologized but he waved her off while signing his signature on the first page of the hardcover book.

"I'm just messing with you. You must really like it huh?" Miles engaged in a conversation with her as he did with all of his readers. He made sure to give her direct eye contact and unlike most, Gianna appreciated it and did the same.

"Yes, I love your work! I've been reading since 'Lost and Found'." Gianna answered while grabbing the autographed book and caught Miles off guard. That was his first piece that got published by a small short story contest that he'd won. He wasn't used to people knowing such early work.

"Forreal? I didn't know people knew about the SSA's." He spoke of the underground contests.

"They don't." She laughed lightly. "I'm a writer too so I'm always reading the winning pieces and wishing I was one of the winners."

"Oh yeah?" He gave her a once over. Gianna was a stunning beauty and her clear brown skin glowed even in Seattle's rainy and cloudy weather. Miles watched her full lips that were coated in clear lipgloss curve into a smile as she nodded her head.  "What's your name?" He grabbed the book back from her.

"Gianna." She tried to contain her excitement as she watched him write something on the back of the cover.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Gianna." Miles drummed in while handing the book back to her.

"You too." Gianna smiled and walked away, giving the next person access to him. Even though Gianna was a fan of his work and not his looks, she couldn't help but to think about how handsome Miles is.

From the tattoos that inked up his arms to his neatly shaven beard, and the diamond studs that adorned his earlobes, Miles was a nice piece of man to look at but she never thought of him in that way. And the fact that he's twelve years older than her turned her off of him like that. Not that she thought he'd ever give her a chance anyway.

Gianna grabbed her umbrella out of her bag and prepared herself to run to her car in the pouring rain. Thankfully the venue had an awning because she did not want to open her umbrella inside and give herself bad luck. Gianna counted down from three and ran into the rain. Her Doc Martens made small splashes as she quickly made her way to her car.

Before pulling off, she went inside of her purse to see what Miles wrote inside of the book. A grin crept its way onto her face as she read what he penned.