Chapter 8: Before the day of the Grand Prix

Kuroko's POV

Someone grabbed my hand as I was squeezing myself through. In the end, it was Hanabusa-Kun.

"It'll be troublesome if you were crushed before the Concours, Tetsumi-Chan," Hanabusa-Kun said.

" Hanabusa-Kun," I said in shock than I saw the others.

" So this is the passing room," I said happily.

" Yeah," They said.

"To everyone who passed, please gather around... The result of the test leaves 28 high school teams and 4 middle school teams, leaving 32 teams altogether. Starting now within 3 months you will be competing with your skills in cakes Following the preliminary announcement round 1 subject is pound cake... The terms are ' A cake to enjoy with family'" The host said.

"The match will take place in 3 days' time at every assembly hall. You will be using the standard ingredients you choose today. Each person must make a pound cake. With a total of 4 kinds of pound cake per team. Those 4 kinds of cakes must be placed on one plate for each teacher to judge" The host added.

" Wow... what kind of cake should I make," I thought.

" Now then, Karashima-Sensei will announce the opponents. I will call the grade in school, class, and the representative's name when your team is called, come to the front... First, HS 2-C Team Nakayama VS HS 3-A Team Tennouji. HS 1-B Team Ichimatsu VS MS 1-A Team Tetsumi." The host said.

"Eh? Why did the host call my name?" I thought since I was very confused, my teammates saw it.

" Sorry for not telling you and registering it on our own. It has an impact on it, Team Tetsumi " Andou-Kun said.

No one's POV

As  Team Tetsumi came to the front...

" That's girl is the representative? She looked like an elementary kid. How cute, it's the middle school division" A contestant said.

"Oi oi, we can win without effort at this rate. Especially if team Ichimatsu's opponents are brats like this" Someone's other team said, we were very shocked to hear it.

" Opponents, shake hands," The host said.

Their opponent's leader shakes Kuroko's hand, her opponent's grip is way too tight so he hurt her hand.

" Because you look like you know nothing, tell me right now. We're all contest winners, we can make something like pound cake easily with our eyes closed. We've been making confections for Salon De Marie since our last year of middle school" Their opponents said smugly, Kuroko let go of her opponent's hand.

" As if... you don't have the quality of being a high rated patisserie although you do have the self-confidence of low-quality patisserie. From what most people know, we'll see the result" Kuroko said with her stoic face, they left.

Andou, Kashino, and Hanabusa went to her aid to see if her hand is alright from the grip.

After they went back to their school, they went to buy their rivals sweets for research to their division. Nigou went to tackle her and the sweet spirits get out from their hiding spot.

" Congratulation on passing the test," The sweet spirits said.

" We purposely went to Salon De Marie to buy Team Ichimatsu's cake for the sake of research didn't we?" Cafe said.

" Shima Reiya's cake, The coffee marble is moist and done well," Hanabusa said.

" Yokoshima Shigeru's cake. This one is full of nuts in each bite" Andou said.