✏️ Let the Sun Rise

Your eyes slowly open to the noise of your phone alarm. 10pm. It was your first night working at the pizzaplex after your first few training days it was finally time for you to start. You'd be working tonight in the daycare center. A huge complex of tubes and slides. With the oh so famous. Sundrop! You had asked for a low risk position when you started. Everyone knows you needed it after everything that had happened.

You tiredly rose from your bed slowly pulling the warm blankets off of you as you began to get ready pulling up your hair into a tight ponytail. Slipping into your uniform. As you went over the basics making sure you had everything you needed. You rushed to grab your keys and head out the door. On the drive to the mall. You wondered how tonight would be. Hearing rumors about the disappearances from the pizzaplex swirled in your mind. Tonight would be you and one other guard. Vanessa was the only name that came to mind. Though your memory never was the greatest.

Pulling into the pizzaplex you slowed to a stop. Getting out of the car and locking it before heading inside. Your watch read the time in bright red numbers. 11:45. You made it thankfully on time. As you wandered the huge building you watched as the lights slowly went out. Making the building shrouded on darkness appear much more threatening. You made your way carefully into the daycare. As you wandered around.
The only entrance was a slide. How inconvenient...they really should have a easier way in. Preparing yourself you slip down the slide and crash into the ball pit. You look around trying to gather your senses as a noise catches your attention. High above the ball pit a sun animatronic stood looking as if he was going to...jump in. Your heart raced as he dove into the pit. Sinking under the colorful array of balls. You quickly tried to make your way out as you felt metal hands wrap around you and pick you up as if you were nothing. Being a little heavy was something you had always fought with about people wanting to pick you up. This thing made it seem effortless "Well hello new freind! Who are you? Why are you up so late!! Are we having a sleep over?!?" His voice was excited and full of joy as he carried you setting your down on a small mat around a bunch of small fabric drums.
You looked at him trying to process what was happening when he continued to speak. "OH! I know who you are! Your y/n right? They said your going to be my new partner!" You finallly managed to speak as your voice came out more quiet and meak than you would of hoped for "I-I'm just the new security guard...unless they changed my position again..." You plucked your phone from your pocket to read over something you may of missed and there it was clear as day. 'Hey! Y/N it's me your boss. Your request to be put in a low risk zone for your mental health matters to us! So I have reassigned you! After tonight you will be working with sunrise! Our daycare attendant your role will be to help clean up the daycare and keep sunrise cleaned up and out of trouble! If this is a problem feel free to contact me!' You sat in awe for a moment as the sun happily danced around you seemingly over joyed to have a new friend. You could never really tell if fazbear entertainment cared for its employees or just wanted to make themselves seem good but this felt demeaning to you. You got up and made your way to the daycare security desk. Sunrise seemed to follow you like a lost puppy.
Wanting you to play with him. "Don't you wanna play? I have glitter glue! And googly eyes!! Just one rule!!! Keep the lights on!" As the last words rung out through the daycare you felt your heart stop. Vanessa had told you recently that the mall had been experiencing power outages that had to be fixed by making sure the generators were on. You never thought much of it but his tone made you fear if those lights shut off. You sat down in the security desk chair looking at Sun who looked at you with a look of longing. Wanting you to interact with him. "I'll play okay?...just don't tell anyone" you felt yourself feel the guilt seep in. You were a adult but his childish nature. The space. You felt yourself unable to hold on to a hard demeanor. He smiled happily and clapped his hands picking you up again. You felt your heart rush with joy as you let out a child like giggle. "weeeeee!!!" He spun you around and played with you.
You felt yourself let go. Comfort. He was comfort. He seemed to notice your change in demeanor and seemed to adjust accordingly treating you like a small fragile child as you ran around playing games. It was innocent. Peaceful. Your fears melted away about the sun as he showed you kindness and a side of you that no one else knew about you were letting him see. Small fragile and sweet.

3:00am
You took a look at your watch as sun was picking up a few blocks you knocked over. The night was almost done. Your heart bubbled in excitement that you may have a chance to work in this spot permanently. As you rested in your happy thoughts you heard a loud thud as the lights shut off. You scrambled to your feet looking around in fear "SUN? Sun please I'm scared!! Sunny?!" You cried out in fear as your heart began to race. A deeper and much more sinister voice called from behind you. That wasn't sun. "Naughty naughty girl...one rule. Keep the lights on darling" . You spun around yanking the flash light off your belt to be met by the face of the moon.
Moon drop you had only seen in drawings and in the cartoons. He was terrifying in person. He let out a loud mechanical laugh as she started toward you "naughty children must be punished~" you quickly started to run. Run as fast as your legs could carry you as you climbed up into the play structures. You had memorized where the generators belonged. You needed to know incase of situations like this. However.
It seemed Moon was one step ahead. You crawled quickly past a hole in the tube as you felt arms wrap around you and yank you out. You squirmed and screamed in fear wanting away. You felt yourself loosing as moon tilted his head at you seeing the look of genuine terror on your face. He chuckled a bit finding it amusing how terrified he made you. It was funny wasn't it? You looked at him and begged "please please don't hurt me I'm sorry I couldn't keep the lights on! I didn't mean to im sorry im sorry im sorry" you repeated apologies until you felt arms wrap around you. The metal was hard and cold but in this moment you just wanted comfort anything to make the nightmare end. Moon held you close and slowly crawled up the structure to get to the tower. He meant to scare you. Had he over done it? Sun wasn't going to be happy he possibly scared their new and only friend off. As he moved the lights clicked back on. Suns rays slowly poked back out the sides as his eyes softened. He looked at you and seemed so scared "Oh no! Y/n! What happened?!? Oh no no no! Did he hurt you? Please don't leave us!!" As your mind recovered from the close and strange in counter with moon. You slowly nodded your head and mumbled against him "I won't..." was all you could manage as you get sun wrap his arms securely around you. Gently bringing you to a bed made of various soft toys and blankets. He lays down in it keeping you close to him. "Maybe you were up a little too late sunshine. Get some rest and we can play tomorrow"

You felt the soft embrace of sleep taking over you as you slowly closed your eyes falling asleep. What else could be in store for you tomorrow?

(So uh yeah sun and moon content- yes sun is soft anyway have a lovely night and thank you so much for reading! 🌞🌚💕
Word count - 1513)