"Don't get your tail in a twist DP, that's not the hunter."

"I-its not?" Danny's eyes flicked over to the man who was now sitting down on the barstool next to him.

More laughter came from Bill. "Try not to sound too scared DP, it makes you seem weak."

"Well, I'm sorry for not wanting to be DISSECTED, Bill!" He glared at nothing. "And what do you mean it's not the hunter?"

"That's not Sixer, that right next to you is his twin brother. Heh, I guess twins run in the family." Danny breathed a sigh of relief. "He's not really into the whole hunting thing as much as his brother and Pinetree are."

"...You sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. What, do you doubt me?" Danny didn't answer, he was only thinking about how scared he was moments ago and how lucky he was that he wasn't the real hunter that he came across the other night. What if he recognized him? He wouldn't be able to deal with that.

"I doubt anyone would recognize you, DP. Most of the meat sacks of this dimension are terrible at putting two and two together. I mean most humans can't even put together whether or not someone likes them, let alone recognize someone who looks the exact opposite of what they appear like normally." Bill responded, obviously listening to Danny's thoughts. Danny needed to be more careful about how openly he was thinking. He guessed the panic was making him put down some walls. "Guess it is, huh, not as sharp as you used to be hmm?"

"Shut up."

Danny could feel Bill's smirk in his head. Danny was snapped out of it when he looked up to see that the pancakes he ordered were sitting on the counter in front of him. He took a big sigh and pulled them closer to him. Nodding to the waitress. He noted that they looked remarkably similar to the ones he saw the gnomes running away with yesterday.

He looked at them for a few moments before his stomach growled slightly. He quickly started eating, trying to stay unnoticed. The man, who Danny still hadn't gotten the name of, was served. But Danny didn't look over to see what he got.

"The pancakes are always a good choice." The man's voice said. Danny looked over at him and the man was looking directly at him.

Danny chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I thought they would be."

"You new around here, kid?" The man raised an eyebrow as he held up a pink can of soda. Danny didn't quite catch the name of it.

"Uh, just passing through really. I won't be here for long." Danny shrugged. Now that he knew this wasn't the hunter, he wasn't as scared to talk to him. The man did seem okay.

"Well in that case you should come to visit the Mystery Shack!" The man clapped the back of Danny's back. "It's the eighth wonder of the world you know."

Danny laughed and leaned back. "Eighth wonder, I guess now I have to see it."

"You'll love it, kid. Honestly. And if you bring your parent's credit card or something you'll be all set." He paused. "You do have money, right?"

Danny looked up at the man with a raised eyebrow. "I brought my own."

"Ahh, smart boy." He laughed. "Anyway, my name is Stan. Mr. Mystery himself." He stuck his hand out and shook the halfa's firmly.

"Danny." He nodded.

X

Danny's conversation with Stan was... interesting. Danny could tell this man was a con artist, but he was still a pretty stand-up guy. And he was interesting to talk to. Even if deep down Danny knew it would be a bad idea to be this close to all of the hunters. But Danny was sure he could handle it at least for now.