Ranvijay couldn't believe himself that he talked so much with Nitin. It was unusual of his character to chat so openly with someone.

Nitin continued,"I won't say, that if you won't keep my sister happy, I will beat u to pulp or like that. Niharika is a strong girl, I know she can handle everything but she also needs love. She thrives in affection just like you. I won't tell you to change, she loves you this way only. But I will suggest you not to hold back your emotions or affections. If they come, let them flow. Communicate. Communication, respect, understanding, these are keys to a successful marriage. She had a rough past too, her 4-year old boyfriend cheated on her and left her without any closure. She still gave her life chance and loved you. Love can't be forced but since she is your wife, try to keep her happy and make her feel loved."

Ranvijay smiled, "I will try my best. Trust me, she is the only one I have now."

Nitin nodded smilingly and went to wake Parth up. "Where did he go?" Niharika asked, "to wake Parth." Ranvijaay replied.

"What did he give you?"
"A shirt and jeans."
"Wow, where's mine! You kidnapped my jiju😒"
"You have a cupboard full of clothes, and a sky bag spilling some too, you are still eye-ing mine. Go away, shoo."
"Like I care, my jiju gifted me the same shirt."
"How do you know?" Ranvijay looked at her suspiciously.

Niharika was stunned, caught red handed once again, "Ayi, I mean.." "Niharika, tell the truth only." "Okay fine, I wanted to have couple shirts, but I didn't know if you would like to wear them or not, plus at that time, I was angry on you. Jiju just took me to shopping with Parth to cheer me up, that time he brought the two, saying, husbands can do anything for their wives."

Ranvijay was looking at her wife blabbering, only with adoration in his eyes. "So, when?"
"Ranvijay, what's with you and this monosyllabic sentences, haven't you learn properly, or got half education to say full sentences?"

Ranvijay rolled his eyes, "When are we going to wear them together? Cause, I am wearing this to office today."

Niharika furrowed her brows, "You are going to office even on Sunday?" "Shit, today's Sunday?"
"Yes, Mr. Forgetful the Great."

Before Ranvijay can answer back, the bell rang again, this time it was Sunaina.

"What are you doing here?" Sunaina shrieked looking at Ranvijay.
"Whom do you expect in my wife's apartment, your NRI friend?"
"You piece of dog poop, how dare you come back?"
"Mind your tongue, or it may shed off like a lizard's tail."
"Tf you saying!"
"Singles won't understand what couple does!"
"You..!! You have the nerve!! Nihaaariiikaa...."

"Woah, why are you shouting?" Asked Niharika.
"What is he doing here?"
"What do you mean?"
Ranvijay came behind Niharika and wound an arm over her shoulder, giving her a smug smile.
"What do you mean! He divorced you right?"
"When?" Both Niharika and Ranvijay shouted.
"Every thing is okay between us, don't worry. Come now, I made sandwich, will you like some tea?" Niharika completely ignored Ranvijay, taking Sunaina towards the kitchen.

"He called me single!" Sunaina accused Ranvijay.
"So what, that's the truth!" Ranvijay quipped.
"Ranvijay, what is this? Shut up. Call her anything, stupid, idiot, angry bird, cat but not single."
Ranvijay giggled at her half sided mockery.
"I am gonna unfriend you Niharika. This brat husband of yours is ruining you."
"Don't over react, who will feed you Japanese style ramen then? Shut up and let's go."
Niharika linked her arms with Sunaina, taking her to the kitchen.

"Wow, my wife again forgot me! This bestfriend of hers. Why doesn't she have a boyfriend to stay with. Every time she comes and clings to my wife like a leech." Ranvijay thought to himself.

In Ranvijay's Apartment

"Are you sure mom, they are getting divorced?" asked the man, slightly younger than Ranvijay, having the same physique like him, but his face presented something sinister unlike his brother.

"Yes, beta. I have completely planted the seeds of disbelief in them. I have also placed the transfer papers and divorce paper in such a way, that Niharika sees them. And just like I thought, she would rebel, she did. She left the house! See, I said you she is a gold digger, she just wanted every thing to herself." Ranvijay's mom replied.

Ranvijay's brother, Arjun twirled the pen in his hand, everything was running in his head like a preplanned movie. "When are you transferring the papers on my name, mom?"

Ranvijay's mom, Savithri was stunned at his son's no-nonsense-attitude. She always loved Arjun a bit more, but it seems like Arjun loved his money only.

Just then, Arjun's phone rang, "Boss, we have placed the bug successfully."
Arjun curtly replied,"Good job, your payment will be done soon."

Arjun POV.

Just wait and see Ranvijay, how I snatch everything from you, just like you did. All of my life, I have stayed in your shadows. Not any more. Ranvijay this, Ranvijay that, "you can never be good like your brother!" "What an irony, that kind of brother gets this kind of useless brother","You should see your brother."

The words of past started haunting Arjun. "Papa, see I got 96% in the finals." "Hmm, Ranvijay got 99%, learn more and stop wasting your time on useless parties."

"Arjun, Can you set me up with your brother? He's so talented and handsome."

Arjun broke the nib of the pen he was using.
"I will prove to everyone, that I am not an imbecile, I am bigger than my brother, by hook or crook. I was not born in his shadows, I will never be in his shadows."

"God, my head is hurting. I need some whiskey."

Suddenly, a confident woman flipping him on the floor like a rag doll flashed in front of his eyes. "How dare you, hmm?? Girls die for my charm, girls make line to make my bed warm, and you have the audacity to throw me down on the floor and yet be running through in my head. You did wrong, Miss. You messed with me, and nobody messes with me. Once I am done with Ranvijay, I will hunt you down and show you your place. Under. My. Shoes."

_________________________________________________

Glimpse from next chapter,
"Hello, Mr. Ranvijay Singh. Yes, we are talking from Cyber Crime Department. Someone has complained about you stealing information for manipulating deals. We would like to investigate the computers of your company."

_________________________________________________

Done with this chapter. Thank you for 300+ views and 73 votes, this is my gift for you.

Basically, this a calming treat for yukinishizawa
Because she can't stop nagging about the next chapter. Do read her story, "This Side, That Side", for an awesome fantasy storyline and fantastic writing style.

Thank you so much for reading.
If you like my writing, you can read my short story of 3 chapters, Admiration to Love.