It's You, Only You

Ranvijay POV.

Only if she knew, how much I love her. Only if she knew, how much it hurts me to hurt her. But, never in a million years, I thought she will think of divorcing me.

It's been more than a year, in two months it would be our 2nd marriage annieversary, then why? Why now? She always understood me without my words, then why did she not understand this time?

Why couldn't she wait for me some more? Why couldn't she see the pain in my eyes? Have I turned that foreign, that heartless to her?

Why didn't she understand, whatever I am doing, I am doing for her! I need to save her. She is my breath, my sole reason to live, I can't let a scratch come upon her.

I saw through each lies of my mother. Niharika can be anything but a gold digger. Her reason was a farce. No matter how many boys and why she rejected, she is and will always be the purest woman in my eyes. If I need to work my ass off to build a gold empire, just to keep her with me, I would do that too! I will do anything to keep her with me.

The divorce paper she saw, was something I prepared after few days of her marriage. But, I already annulled it, when I understood what she is to me. But, why is she punishing me for that? Doesn't she know, I can't stay without her! Yes, I was a jerk to her, but she said she loves me, then why! God why!

Author POV.

Ranvijay was wailing in his self misery, the four walls of his office was just as grey and as dull as his life is. Days have passed and Niharika didn't contact Ranvijay, nor did she answer his calls. Niharika was hit hard. She can take anything but not dishonesty. First of all, Ranvijay wasn't listening to her words, neither was he standing up for her in front of his mother, nor did he support her, and on top of everything, a divorce paper that was still there with him.

What was she? An option which he can remove from his life whenever he wanted. She is an independent woman, she loves him, doesn't mean he will treat her however he likes. How long will she tolerate everything quietly, after all she is too a human, all skin and bones. Her spine was always erect.

But, her love for Ranvijay was overpowering her anger day by day. Nevertheless, she remained firm in her decision. She bought an 1 BHK apartment and moved there, with her savings. Something she wanted for a long time but couldn't. Her sister, her brother-in-law, her best friend Sunaina, helped her in everything from shifting to settling.

What she didn't know, was that she was doing exactly what someone else wanted. HER OUT OF RANVIJAY'S LIFE. So, he is weak and defenseless, so he was easy to kill. And may be for something else.

But, can Niharika be happy without her Ranvijay? How can she rest without knowing if he is sleeping, if he is eating, if he is doing okay. How can not she miss him, how can't she not wonder if he is missing her like she is doing.

When Prajakta and Nitin decided to give them time, Sunaina couldn't keep mum. For her, Niharika was dearer than a sister, she considered her family. Her pain behind her smile, her restlessness wasn't settling right with Sunaina. So, she decided to give a piece of mind to Ranvijay.

On the other hand, the detoriating health of Ranvijay, and the premonition of company's conspiracy made Ranvijay's secretary, Dhara worried. She was just 22, a fresher whom Ranvijay gave a chance and has guided through her life like an idol. He was as precious as family to her, and Niharika's sweet nature always made her believe in goodness of human.

Not once, Niharika doubted her, but encouraged her just like a friend would. Niharika used to enquire about Ranvijay everytime he would be utterly busy. She liked to see her boss couple romancing in their own way.

Although young, she was an intelligent girl and could easily sense what was going around her. So, she decided to meet Niharika.

In the office

Sunaina burst into Ranvijay's office, startling him.
-What do you think of yourself Mr. Ranvijay Singh?
- Who gave you the permission to burst into my office without my permission?
- To hell with your permission!
- Mind your tongue, Miss...
- Or else, What? You coward!
- HEYY!
- Don't Shout! I can shout too! How dare you break my friend's heart! You asshole, you got a diamond like her and treating her like some sort of stone! You have any idea, how much she is hurting!
- Don't teach me how to treat my wife! Treat your friend not leave her husband like this!
- You have courage to say that! Bold of you to assume that I will let her return to you. She has done enough. For two years, she has devoted her life to you! And what you did? Let her go? Let her down in front of your crocodile of a mother. Tell me, no tell me! Why should she stay! Have you tried to win her back?
- Ask her, how many times I called her, and how many times did she reject those!
- And you're done? What kind of a man you are! Even a boyfriend tries more, and you are her damned husband!
- It's easy for you people to tell, when you know nothing.
- And I don't give a damn about knowing. Your shitty reasons will never be enough to hurt my Nihu, get this straight in your mind. Once she is out of this heart break, I will set her to my nice NRI friend and marry her off to him and you will only bite your nails.

Sunaina didn't let him reply, and stormed out of his office just like she came, leaving behind a frustrated, agitated, angry Ranvijay. The hell, he will let anyone else set their eyes on his wife, setting up is a far away issue. They haven't seen his love for his wife till now.

On her way, Sunaina bumped into a man with full force, causing his things to fall on ground. "I am sorry, I didn't see you," apologized Sunaina, helping to pick up his stuff, "You women, are born blind or get blind seeing men, typically pathetic." The man replied.

"Oh, I see, this place is full of assholes just like the boss," mocked Sunaina, intentionally throwing the things on the ground and walking away.

"Hey, you brat," the man in his twenties, chased her and grabbed her wrist, Sunaina was already pissed so wasn't having it. She twisted her hand, swiftly placing her leg around him, and smoothly twisted his hand, pulling his body completely off ground and threw him off on the ground violently, leaving him groaning in pain.

"Never touch a woman without her consent", with that she left, leaving the man baffled. Unknowingly a smile spread along his face.